High clearance exhaust?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Bought my Borla Touring climber from Summit Racing. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase. Just a little louder than stock and tucked up nicely.

Still waiting for their 2-door version, all they say now is coming soon...This will be (if they ever really release it) my ninth Borla exhaust over the years and have been supper happy with all of them!
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Still waiting for their 2-door version, all they say now is coming soon...This will be (if they ever really release it) my ninth Borla exhaust over the years and have been supper happy with all of them!
They can be terribly slow. It took them many months to release the touring version for 4-door. I think its worth waiting for if they say they are working on it.

IMG_8640.jpg

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
I tried the Flowmaster Outlaw axle back, and the drone nearly made my head explode. So I switched to a Dynomax delete. No drone, but I didn't like the sound.I just had a custom job done, replacing the stock resonator with an SLP Loudmouth. All growl, no drone!

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
What I’ve learned from muffler deletes in previous 4banger turbos is to use the longest resonated tip you can fit. This will tone down the pitch a lot while retaining most of its volume.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the AFE axle back one but I feel like I have some back pressure. It doesn’t free flow when I hit the gas. I’ve also noticed significant mpg loss. Is this normal? I was under the impression it would be the complete opposite

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Got the Magnaflow Street Series Dual exhaust installed, much more "mature" sounding exhaust vs. the Dynomax delete, softens the rough edges in the overall tone but still lets you know you've actually got a motor under the hood when you get on it. Not the highest clearance exhaust but tucks well up in the area where the stock beer keg used to be, very high quality fit & finish, and very stout hangers vs. most others on the market.
Jeep Wrangler JL High clearance exhaust? IMG_8640
It is hard to tell, are the tips behind the bumper and tucked up a bit? So many of these have exhaust that exit below the bumper and would get pinched on a drop off.

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

So.... Started with the MBRP cat back and that droned like crazy, swapped out the MBRP muffler with an oval Magnaflow that I had laying around and that helped a bit. Still very loud at 2500 and above in the cabin. With speed limits here at 75 we are cruising above 2500 all the time. It is hard to hold a conversation with either muffler. I believe the problem is the loss of the resonator. I may go to a shop and have them put the resonator back on and push the muffler back. The axle back mufflers retain the resonator and that seems to be helping with the drone. The challenge with the cat back systems are that they hang down lower than I want and in many cases, the pipes can get pinched between the muffler and bumper. I am constantly going of drops and want the extra clearance.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
It is hard to tell, are the tips behind the bumper and tucked up a bit? So many of these have exhaust that exit below the bumper and would get pinched on a drop off.
Depends on the bumper, my Smittybilt XRC Gen1 has about a 1/2" space from the bumper edge to the exhaust tip edge so the tips tuck up in there about a 1/2". That bumper sticks out more than most though so YMMV. Here's a couple better pics

Jeep Wrangler JL High clearance exhaust? IMG_0571.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL High clearance exhaust? IMG_0569.JPG
Sponsored