Recommendations on high clearance exhaust

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Any issue with carbon monoxide entering the cabin with these exhausts that dump under the Jeep?
Sponsored

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Am I missing something or is this just a fancy muffler delete?

Can’t a muffler shop do this for less than $100?
Yes, you can go that route but consider this; exhaust manufacturers do a lot of design and research before releasing their products. A muffler shop is just going to slap a piece of bent pipe on the end and call it a day. Varying the length and shape of the exhaust varies the tone and performance of the exhaust. I'll spend the few dollars more that it costs for the Flowmaster delete, $118 vs $100 = $18 well spent IMO.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Any issue with carbon monoxide entering the cabin with these exhausts that dump under the Jeep?
I have not heard of any issues from established exhaust manufactures. I'll keep you posted as I have ordered the Flowmaster American Thunder muffler delete.

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
Yes, you can go that route but consider this; exhaust manufacturers do a lot of design and research before releasing their products. A muffler shop is just going to slap a piece of bent pipe on the end and call it a day. Varying the length and shape of the exhaust varies the tone and performance of the exhaust. I'll spend the few dollars more that it costs for the Flowmaster delete, $118 vs $100 = $18 well spent IMO.
My apologies. I didnt know that is all FM charged for the delete. Not bad then. For some reason I thought it was in the $300 range.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I have not heard of any issues from established exhaust manufactures. I'll keep you posted as I have ordered the Flowmaster American Thunder muffler delete.
Hey Jo - can you compare the sound between no muffler, and your new flowmaster muffler delete? Would be nice to see how it changes it. I might bite the bullet too..

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My apologies. I didnt know that is all FM charged for the delete. Not bad then. For some reason I thought it was in the $300 range.
They offer systems in that price range and even higher but this is the axle back American Thunder muffler delete.

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey Jo - can you compare the sound between no muffler, and your new flowmaster muffler delete? Would be nice to see how it changes it. I might bite the bullet too..
I do not have what you could call quality sound/recording equipment but I'll do what I can. It will be a couple of weekends from now because I won't have the Jeep back from the SEMA show until next week.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I do not have what you could call quality sound/recording equipment but I'll do what I can. It will be a couple of weekends from now because I won't have the Jeep back from the SEMA show until next week.
Just use your ears and words to describe it then. I want to get it but don't want to spend $118 and end up with the same tone I already have.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Be warned it sounds like a Honda Civic with a coffee can exhaust. I had it on mine for about a week. Then I ordered the AFE Rockbasher exhaust. I got tired of all the ricer comments with the Flowmaster.

Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
What size is the factory exhaust? If it's already 2.5" I'd have a hard time shelling out too much money on another exhaust that was also 2.5". I like having a nice quiet exhaust most of the time anyway. If I wanted to do something for performance and sound I'd install a loud valve somewhere with their enabled/disable switch. Although I could come up with my own switch for a lot less than $95.00.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about https://loudvalves.com/

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Try the DYNOMAX "TURBO"== you get a forum discount and the muffler is half the size of the stocker and "TUCKS UP AS HIGH AS YOU WANTIT-
Sweet sounds-
SUNP0204_zpsrbicktt0.jpg

W.E.

JIMBO

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just use your ears and words to describe it then. I want to get it but don't want to spend $118 and end up with the same tone I already have.
Well we installed it today.
We needed to rent a Exhaust Pipe Expander tool to get it mounted properly it was T I G H T! As far as sound goes I don't think it sounds ricer, here is a new video I found that has review, install, and sound clips without muffler and with the Flowmaster as well as some in the car driving... We did not remove the brackets like the guy in the video did, just used WD40 on the rubber mounts and popped them right off.

here's a pic of the pipe installed. it was too dark yesterday when we got done.

KIMG1104.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eric S.

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon 3.6L 3 pedal

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Sounds deeper than the stock muffler delete (a lil raspy). I plan to get this at some point but am trying to hold out a bit longer.
Sponsored