Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just picked up this one from northridge

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system-3-6l

I mean for 273 shipped and it’s afe might as well give it a shot. Cheapest I saw it anywhere else was at least 100$ more, will report back.
I think you’ve got a good find and it’s good that you jumped on that price. That system appears to be just this resonator/mid-pipe section that’s $286
Jeep Wrangler JL High clearance exhaust? qnndvq2dg4vvpfflofdy

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...orce-xp-front-muffler-assembly-exhaust-system

attached to this axle-back muffler delete pipe
Jeep Wrangler JL High clearance exhaust? bnbtsq3yo6jnd1rkramh

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...xp-hi-truck-axle-back-exhaust-system-w-no-tip

that sells for $110. Almost $400 if you purchased separately.
Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The “axle back exhaust” looks like just the end section of the exhaust with no muffler. A muffler delete. You removed the OEM muffler and replaced it with the delete pipe pictured above, and also welded in the 40 series in-line. Got any sound clips or photos of what it looks like?
Here is a photo of the Flowmaster 40 series Delta muffler, just before the axle. The muffler has several inlet/outlet options and mine is "offset in same side; 2.5". The SKU on my invoice from the off road shop that welded it in is 942544 - not sure if that helps. I also attached the Flowmaster chart.

Jeep Exhaust 1.jpg

flowmaster-muffler-graphic.jpg

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I’ve seen that one for a while and it looks great except that I think it’ll increase sound levels more than I’d like. Would you post before/after sound clips when you install it? I know AFE has one but another can’t hurt. There looks like there’s room for a small muffler to be installed immediately after the resonator if it’s too loud so I may end up doing that if it’s too loud as is.
I will post some clips,I saw some YouTube clips of it and a review and it will be louder than stock for sure but not as loud as the Corsa setup or the borla s from what I gather. Kinda hoping between borla s and touring. Will do a full write once it’s on.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I will post some clips,I saw some YouTube clips of it and a review and it will be louder than stock for sure but not as loud as the Corsa setup or the borla s from what I gather. Kinda hoping between borla s and touring. Will do a full write once it’s on.
Thanks! While you’re at it, are you willing to take a measurement of the section of pipe from the exit of the resonator to the hanger in the middle? I’d consider getting this one and putting a 14” straight through muffler inline to quiet or down more. I’ve had my fair share of loud exhausts in my day but I’d rather this one be quiet as stock or close to it.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Thanks! While you’re at it, are you willing to take a measurement of the section of pipe from the exit of the resonator to the hanger in the middle? I’d consider getting this one and putting a 14” straight through muffler inline to quiet or down more. I’ve had my fair share of loud exhausts in my day but I’d rather this one be quiet as stock or close to it.
Yeah no problem I think I get it Tuesday will put it on next weekend

Sponsored

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I like the muffler delete and replace the resonator with a muffler combo concept. AFE delete alone wasn’t too loud but just didn’t sound good especially mid-throttle 2-3500 rpms.

Stock quiet but without the giant rear muffler is what I want.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up this one from northridge

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...-stainless-steel-cat-back-exhaust-system-3-6l

I mean for 273 shipped and it’s afe might as well give it a shot. Cheapest I saw it anywhere else was at least 100$ more, will report back.
I have that exact one (minus the ghetto tip... hehehe) and it's OK. It's kind of a love hate relationship with it. On one hand it's got some nice growl (for a V6) and then on the other when I just want to relax it's annoying because it does tend to drone a bit. Curious to see your long term thoughts. I've recently been considering swapping g it out.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I have that exact one (minus the ghetto tip... hehehe) and it's OK. It's kind of a love hate relationship with it. On one hand it's got some nice growl (for a V6) and then on the other when I just want to relax it's annoying because it does tend to drone a bit. Curious to see your long term thoughts. I've recently been considering swapping g it out.
yeah we will see because I’m hoping it won’t be too bad but coming from a long line of loud exhaust I imagine it will be ok. Plus I have a six speed which drone can be modulated a little easier. We will see and for 270$ it worth a look.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
yeah we will see because I’m hoping it won’t be too bad but coming from a long line of loud exhaust I imagine it will be ok. Plus I have a six speed which drone can be modulated a little easier. We will see and for 270$ it worth a look.
I have the 6 speed too and that is where the love hate comes into play. Winding out the gears is fun and sounds good but sometimes I just want a little break... lol.

Sponsored

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I have the 6 speed too and that is where the love hate comes into play. Winding out the gears is fun and sounds good but sometimes I just want a little break... lol.
Is the drone constant or in certain rpm’s, I got the black tip one did you install the tip at all?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Is the drone constant or in certain rpm’s, I got the black tip one did you install the tip at all?
Tip wasn't on the Jeep when I bought plus I'm not a fan of the tips. I don't know that it's drone vs. just being constantly there in terms of noise because it is an aftermarket louder exhaust. On my wife's we are running the Hooker Blackheart which is really only present when you jump on it. She didn't want loud, she wanted clearance.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
Tip wasn't on the Jeep when I bought plus I'm not a fan of the tips. I don't know that it's drone vs. just being constantly there in terms of noise because it is an aftermarket louder exhaust. On my wife's we are running the Hooker Blackheart which is really only present when you jump on it. She didn't want loud, she wanted clearance.
I wonder if the tip directs the sound a little better, probably doesn’t but you never know. Will report back with my review

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
So to follow up on this, sounds great driving around town but man when you are on the freeway this thing is a nightmare. I mean the drone is mind numbing, I have had a tomei titanium exhaust on a Sti with e85 and this exhaust made that seem tamed. The positive about this exhaust is the power you get from getting rid of the stock muffler is definitely there and is almost worth the ride but yeah I’m back to stock and selling this exhaust I may be to old for this one lol. I listed for sale if some one in Dfw wants a good deal let me know.

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
I don’t have measurements but unless you are going to replace the resonator on the exhaust it’s self there is no way you could add another muffler. I have been thinking to save the loss of purchasing a good muffle to put in place of the resonator but I don’t know if it would help out much.

D493C20D-30CB-4256-B50C-B3370595165E.jpeg
Sponsored