Sponsored

Help resetting Auto Headlight sensor, which fuse?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Maybe someone can help me resolve my age long issue with auto headlights not working properly -- as a result of (failed) restore to stock settings with Flashcal that ended up messing up many of my sensors.

My auto headlight sensor will never turn off the headlight during the day/driving in the sun.
But it will turn on the headlight when I duck under shades/tunnels etc.
After I get out of the shade, the headlights will never turn off again, until I turn off the vehicle, and start it up again during daylight.

So in short:
-Sensor only turn on headlight(when dark), but not off(during daylight), when vehicle is running.
-Sensor appears to reset after turning off the vehicle - if parked during daylight, it will turn off headlight on startup, but never again during driving.

I tried pulling fuse F46 - AUTO HDLP LVL MOD/LVL MTR/HDLP SW, but it didn't resolve the issue. Dealer refuse to look at my issue due to aftermarket headlights. And Flashcal support is non existent, as soon as you encounter any issues they go AWOL.

Posting here to get a little more coverage, any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsored

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Maybe someone can help me resolve my age long issue with auto headlights not working properly -- as a result of (failed) restore to stock settings with Flashcal that ended up messing up many of my sensors.

My auto headlight sensor will never turn off the headlight during the day/driving in the sun.
But it will turn on the headlight when I duck under shades/tunnels etc. Visiting AutoGuysLand to get more info about the best gps for truckers with Mike Cross's review in case you concern.
After I get out of the shade, the headlights will never turn off again, until I turn off the vehicle, and start it up again during daylight.

So in short:
-Sensor only turn on headlight(when dark), but not off(during daylight), when vehicle is running.
-Sensor appears to reset after turning off the vehicle - if parked during daylight, it will turn off headlight on startup, but never again during driving.

I tried pulling fuse F46 - AUTO HDLP LVL MOD/LVL MTR/HDLP SW, but it didn't resolve the issue. Dealer refuse to look at my issue due to aftermarket headlights. And Flashcal support is non existent, as soon as you encounter any issues they go AWOL.

It is possible failure sensor that will cause this issue. Take a look at this and replace if necessary.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Try removing battery power overnight to reset the BCM

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
Anything covering the light sensor on top of dash, on jl its just left of top glove cubby. Was going to darkin mine so lights activated bit quicker.

1995SunDevil

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

But it will turn on the headlight when I duck under shades/tunnels etc.

So in short:

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue right now!

Sponsored

1995SunDevil

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hey Dale, no it's still not resolved for me, just have to manually switch my headlights..
Damn! I bought a new headlight switch and a new sensor....still no luck. I am wondering if there is a relay in there somewhere that needs to be replaced.

OP
OP
Arterius2

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Damn! I bought a new headlight switch and a new sensor....still no luck. I am wondering if there is a relay in there somewhere that needs to be replaced.
Do you have aftermarket headlights?