Auto Headlight Sensitivity

toeshark

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Does anyone else find that the sensor to turn the headlights on automatically is way too sensitive? I can be driving at noon on a sunny cloudless day and they’ll turn on every time I hit a shaded stretch of road. Of course I then can’t see anything on the dash or uconnect display as I’m usually wearing sunglasses. I realize I can jack the brightness up but then I just have to turn it down again once it’s actually dark out.

I’ve found myself just taking them out of the auto setting as it’s so annoying, and haven’t found any way to adjust it.

Advertisement

johnparjr

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara unlimited JL
Mine seems to be really good but my buddy’s JK comes on all the time

robaw

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Does anyone else find that the sensor to turn the headlights on automatically is way too sensitive? I can be driving at noon on a sunny cloudless day and they’ll turn on every time I hit a shaded stretch of road. Of course I then can’t see anything on the dash or uconnect display as I’m usually wearing sunglasses. I realize I can jack the brightness up but then I just have to turn it down again once it’s actually dark out.

I’ve found myself just taking them out of the auto setting as it’s so annoying, and haven’t found any way to adjust it.
Had kinda the same thoughts. Keeping the sensor clean on a regular basis helps a little, going topless it tends to collect a layer of dust which makes it worse at least for me.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
My headlights/dash only turn "night-time mode" when I drive during the day and duck under a shade, but it will never come back to "day-light" mode when I drive out back into the sun. It's a shitty system, I have to play with the knob all day. A trip to the dealer fixed nothing. They blame me for using aftermarket headlights..... I said it was a sensor sensitivity issue NOT THE HEADLIGHTS (wtf?), the tech just gave me a fish-out of the water look.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
My headlights/dash only turn "night-time mode" when I drive during the day and duck under a shade, but it will never come back to "day-light" mode when I drive out back into the sun. It's a shitty system, I have to play with the knob all day. A trip to the dealer fixed nothing. They blame me for using aftermarket headlights..... I said it was a sensor sensitivity issue NOT THE HEADLIGHTS, the tech just gave me a fish-out of the water look.
Yeah, I just adjust the dash lights as desired (I don't care if the headlights are on or not during the day). Had pretty much the same with my last FCA vehicle (a 2011), nothing new to me but still no excuse.

Advertisement

Motor City Aftermarket

Advertisement