Vehicle Showcase

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
The LEDs are better than the halogen...low beam is good, high beam is weak however. My Tesla Model 3 also has LEDs...far better than the Jeep. The LEDs also look good on the Jeep but I wish they were better. I agree with the IIHS “marginal” rating for the LEDs. There might be aftermarket options that are better and cheaper.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Many moons ago, I had an 80s-era Corolla with square incandescent headlights. Likely sealed beam units. Anyway, they were easily in the Top 3 in terms of the best-performing stock headlights I've had on any vehicle. The Low and the High beams were very good. No complaints.

I think of that car sometimes when contemplating the mild performance of the halogen bulbs on my decades-newer JLU. At least they melt the snow in the winter, which the LEDs cannot do. ;)

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say for 100% sure, but to me, it seems like the LEDs light up reflective materials (Signs, reflective taillights, etc) from a far greater distance, and with more vibrancy than the halogens did.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
Definitely do LED’s. It’s night and day difference vs halogen. And if you live in an area where it snows, some companies make LED headlights with the same thin conductors that rear windshields use for defrosters.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Our Sahara is halogen and the Rubicon is LED. I really don’t see a “significant” difference other than contrast. Now my previous Challenger with HID’s was no joke. That said, the blinding lights are getting old. Here we’ve always turned off our high beams yet now we have low beams just as bright or brighter. How about not overdriving your headlights.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I didnt go LED, because of the extra expense, and issues converting the Halogens to LED. So, I went the High power Halogen route. I put in the Philips 9008 H13 +100% bulbs. Very bright, inexpensive, and very reliable. I've put these in several vehicles over the years, without any issues. Oh, and they are only $30.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I had LED in my last Jeep and got tired of people flashing me all the time and snow not melting in the winter. My current Jeep I went without LED and I don’t miss them. The LED was no doubt brighter, but I can still safely navigate in the dark. If anything my vision is more the issue than the headlights, ha!

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
Not sure if this is "Apples-to-Apples", but I had Halogens on my Tacoma, and LED's on the Jeep. No comparison to how much better the Jeep is.

G.

jvstpeachy

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler prospective
I complain about LED lights being on the road. They blind other drivers. But nearly everyone has them, so in order to be able compete a little and to see anything when driving at night I opted for LEDS. 🤦‍♀️
Sponsored