Sponsored

Hardtop rain gutter drains into cabin

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I’m thinking about making a modification for this. It’s really annoying as I live in Florida and it rains all the time here..
Why don't you invent a clip on/screw on/ 3m tape as an extension to the rain-gutters? Of course, none of the mockers in here would ever want one. In So. Cal here, at the S. base of the Idyllwild mountains, I may want one though. Good luck.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Here is a question getting the all weather carpet with the drain hole built it. Does the water end up falling on the all weather carpet or does it just hit the interior carpet before pooling into the all weather?
I got the catch-tray style mats from weathertite. Awesome!

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Why don't you invent a clip on/screw on/ 3m tape as an extension to the rain-gutters? Of course, none of the mockers in here would ever want one. In So. Cal here, at the S. base of the Idyllwild mountains, I may want one though. Good luck.
We (a buddy and me) are working on one now. The 3m tape we tested was super weak but we have a great design that is not noticeable at all. I’ll just say that much. So far so good!

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Sufficient
We (a buddy and me) are working on one now. The 3m tape we tested was super weak but we have a great design that is not noticeable at all. I’ll just say that much. So far so good!
Cool...good luck. A lot of automotive engineers don't/can't think outside the box. Then...creative guys without all the automotive degrees invent stuff, then the manufacturer catches on and copies the idea. Therein lies SEMA.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Artvandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I think I spent about 20 bucks for all the material and some trial and error.
Have a video or DIY written up yet for the material, cutting and shaping?. Looks pretty straight fwd but would like to do exactly what you’ve done.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Why would the rain gutters on the Wrangler JL 4-door with a soft top only go 2/3 over the front door? If it is raining hard or snow is melting off the roof, my legs get very wet every time I am getting in or out of the drivers door. The water just pours out of the rain gutter and straight down across the doorway.
I get some of the gutter water falling inside only when I open the door otherwise it doesn't rain inside and you can drive without a rain coat . It's a Jeep .

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I bet that if Jeep had designed the ESS system in such a way as to present the driver with a nausea inducing electric shock to the testicles, then these folks would be happy. That way, they would wait for new Jeep owners to say, "WTF! My Jeep shocks my balls every time it starts!!", to which they will gleefully reply.. "Hey newbie, if you don't like shooting puke all over your dashboard after a "mild" testicle shock, then maybe you should get something else! After all, Jeep clearly thought about it, which is why they make the dash water proof".
I bet if we checked your computer we would find blueprints to such a device...

My Jeep tickles mine when I take it offroad.