Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
S only happens when it rains! So adjust your driving habits! At your house you can use a small ramp on the drivers side to make your Jeep park on an incline moving water backwards. My driveway does this naturally. In public just pull your front wheels up on the curb to give you the same incline. It’s a Jeep it’s made to climb over and on top of things,
Sponsored

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
Oh, your legs get wet? OMG! LOL! Can you believe this lady? Honey, trade it in for a hardtop Beetle....

PadreFreddie

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Alfredo Marrero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door, 3.6 manual
That's what happens when "yentes" drive Jeeps....:)

Sponsored

rommel102

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue Sahara 2.0 JLU FINALLY HERE!
I used a small wad of Funtack and molded it into the gutter, seems to have solved the problem at least temporarily.

Super cheap fix.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
A lot of apologists.

Yes its a rugged offroad vehicle, and you're all very tough and all, but i dont think its reasonable for a 50K vehicle to have an obvious design flaw (that 5 minutes of rain testing should have caught) that makes it look like you pissed your pants every time you drive it in the rain. As for the "wimpy mall crawlers" i guess you're not allowed to buy the vehicle you want unless you use it the way these guys want you to use it. Cant just enjoy the way it drives and looks... have to be a hardcore offroader who arrives at work in my office everyday covered in mud and rain because i made a detour through my local frikkin canyon right?

/rant
Well said. I've had 7 Jeeps and learned to drive on a Willy's 1944 that my dad shipped home in a crate from the Philippines when he was in the Navy. I'm not some rugged off roading wilderness guy. I love the way my Jeep looks and drives and I'm happy every single time I get in it and often find myself just looking for something to do that I don't have to do just to have a reason to drive it. I don't need to prove anything to anyone and I'm not trying to prove how big my "shmeckle" is. I picked a politically correct term as it is a Yiddish word as to not offend anyone accept perhaps an Ashkenazi jew like myself. I love Jeeps, rock on.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Uh... yes, but... if I pay $50K for a fully loaded JL Rubicon, have hoseable heated seats _and_ heated steering wheel, it talks to my iPhone, electric proximity detectors, and any number of other options... it should frakking _NOT_ drop a gallon of water on my legs for that price.

My 2014 Corvette Convertible Z51 doesn’t and I’d expect them not to deal with inclement environment conditions as well.

My $16K Smart ForTwo doesn’t. Maybe Chrysler can learn a thing or two from a car 1/3 the cost... go talk to Mercedes Benz.
Agreed, but it really is an amazing vehicle regardless. Nothing is without flaws, this flaw really should have been pegged prior to production. I will say, that anyone who buys a "Smart" ForTwo shouldn't be talking about FLAWED designs. Pretty sure this is the last year of production for that thing. However, on a more positive note, your Z51 is an awesome car!!. My 12 Grand Sport was a pretty amazing vehicle, with all of the GM bullshit to go along with it.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I will say, that anyone who buys a "Smart" ForTwo shouldn't be talking about FLAWED designs
Why? A smart makes perfect sense in a European city commute where you can fit in a space that is not really a space. If you bought something, it is your prerogative to bitch about said thing.

Sponsored

Currentg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I found a fix that works for me. I got a tube of RTV (silicone seal) and created a wall at the front of the rain gutter to keep the water from draining out the front. In a heavy rain it still overflows the front but for most rains it drains to the back and greatly minimizes the amount of water that gets in the cabin.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
I am always amused by the folks who get so incensed by anyone daring to complain about a design defect on Jeeps which results in personal inconvenience. It's straight to "It's a Jeep thing and if you don't like it, then maybe a Jeep is not for you".
Yet, if Jeep adds something to the Wrangler for emissions or fuel economy reasons, like ESS, then the same people bitch about Jeep putting needless crap on their Jeeps.
I bet that if Jeep had designed the ESS system in such a way as to present the driver with a nausea inducing electric shock to the testicles, then these folks would be happy. That way, they would wait for new Jeep owners to say, "WTF! My Jeep shocks my balls every time it starts!!", to which they will gleefully reply.. "Hey newbie, if you don't like shooting puke all over your dashboard after a "mild" testicle shock, then maybe you should get something else! After all, Jeep clearly thought about it, which is why they make the dash water proof".

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I am always amused by the folks who get so incensed by anyone daring to complain about a design defect on Jeeps which results in personal inconvenience. It's straight to "It's a Jeep thing and if you don't like it, then maybe a Jeep is not for you".
Yet, if Jeep adds something to the Wrangler for emissions or fuel economy reasons, like ESS, then the same people bitch about Jeep putting needless crap on their Jeeps.
I bet that if Jeep had designed the ESS system in such a way as to present the driver with a nausea inducing electric shock to the testicles, then these folks would be happy. That way, they would wait for new Jeep owners to say, "WTF! My Jeep shocks my balls every time it starts!!", to which they will gleefully reply.. "Hey newbie, if you don't like shooting puke all over your dashboard after a "mild" testicle shock, then maybe you should get something else! After all, Jeep clearly thought about it, which is why they make the dash water proof".
Lol.. but if you look at the Jeep you can’t have the folding windscreen and longer gutters. What’s your solution?

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Lol.. but if you look at the Jeep you can’t have the folding windscreen and longer gutters. What’s your solution?
Considering that in Europe it is illegal to drive without a windscreen and that like 3 in 100 owners actually do it.... I'd say for the versions here (eu) that a longer gutter would work fine and have a fixed window.
Not to mention, since you must remove the freedom panels to fold down the windscreen anyhow, they could have done what every other car does and drain the water through a hole on the folding windscreen. Especially since the A-pillar is fixed.
It is not a complicated engineering problem. It's simply cost savings.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Considering that in Europe it is illegal to drive without a windscreen and that like 3 in 100 owners actually do it.... I'd say for the versions here (eu) that a longer gutter would work fine and have a fixed window.
Not to mention, since you must remove the freedom panels to fold down the windscreen anyhow, they could have done what every other car does and drain the water through a hole on the folding windscreen. Especially since the A-pillar is fixed.
It is not a complicated engineering problem. It's simply cost savings.
OK, but I already paid enough for the Jeep without them making special versions for us in Europe thank you.

I’ll go with a dribble now and then, I don’t see it as an issue personally.
Sponsored