Sponsored

Hardtop rain gutter drains into cabin

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Problem solved - Black caulk use an ice cube to shape it.

2DF43E32-98E5-4D6F-9C6A-65DADBF29BAA.jpeg

B115031D-C992-462D-9123-2EA6A377BCF4.jpeg
I’ve got to say that really looks fantastic man

Almost factory, you can barely tell lol
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
The passive aggressive is strong here...dude, your superior helpfulness with functional suggestions on solving an issue that bother people (but apparently not you) is on point. I mean, looking back at your responses clearly indicate that you are a masterful creator of ideas and a flowing font of wisdom.
I sure wish I had thought to ask a forum full of smart people for any reasonable ideas on how to solve a real problem, that I did not already, or had not though of myself.
Well done sir, or madame on enlightening my woefully inadequate request for information.
Sorry for the late response . . . madame ? . . . my picture can't be that bad . . . perhaps your eyesight needs twerking ? So, I don't know wether to cringe or laugh like a well fed hyena ? You mocking me, agreeing or just being a smart ass ? I honestly am not sure . But an interesting read non-the-less ! Good show !

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
If you look at the windshield and the door sill you will notice the windshield is roughly 3 inches narrower than the floor. With a removable top and a fold down windshield there is no way to aesthetically channel the water away from the door. If jeep was to put gutter extensions an inch and a half outward from the rain gutter that would really look stupid. So in the end it is what it is.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just hang a hand towel over the grab bar. Then just like you have to remember to turn ESS off every time you start it up, now you have to also remember to use the towel before you open the door too lol. You could fold two hand towels over the grab bar for your passenger too. P.S. I don't mind a little water splashing on me, but not when it hits on the pants leg right before you go into a store, work, restaurant, etc. and now looks like you missed when taking a piss.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer

Sponsored

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
Why? A smart makes perfect sense in a European city commute where you can fit in a space that is not really a space. If you bought something, it is your prerogative to bitch about said thing.
I'm glad you like your Smart Four 2. In my town if you park in a space that really isn't a space regardless of the car size you get a ticket. I used to park my motorcycle with 4 others in one space so we wouldn't "hog", (get it, hog. Okay moving on), more then one space. People complained that we only had to pay for one space for four "motor vehicles." We all got tickets and were now told we needed to take one space for each motorcycle. So now there were 4-6 bikes each taking up a space, now people screaming at us that we are being dicks for taking up all those spaces for one motorcycle per space. So you can't win. Long story short, Smart, or motorcycle or Lincoln Navigator, the size of the vehicle is not relevant as for parking. I hope you enjoy all your vehicles.

GGolds

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019 JLU Sahara. 3.6, V6. Mojito with a black hard top. Tan leather. 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
Occupation
Paramedic
I found a fix that works for me. I got a tube of RTV (silicone seal) and created a wall at the front of the rain gutter to keep the water from draining out the front. In a heavy rain it still overflows the front but for most rains it drains to the back and greatly minimizes the amount of water that gets in the cabin.
I will try this, thanks.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I'm glad you like your Smart Four 2. In my town if you park in a space that really isn't a space regardless of the car size you get a ticket. I used to park my motorcycle with 4 others in one space so we wouldn't "hog", (get it, hog. Okay moving on), more then one space. People complained that we only had to pay for one space for four "motor vehicles." We all got tickets and were now told we needed to take one space for each motorcycle. So now there were 4-6 bikes each taking up a space, now people screaming at us that we are being dicks for taking up all those spaces for one motorcycle per space. So you can't win. Long story short, Smart, or motorcycle or Lincoln Navigator, the size of the vehicle is not relevant as for parking. I hope you enjoy all your vehicles.
I said a smart makes perfect sense. I'd never own one though ;)
Difference in mentality I guess.. Generally in European cities unless you are parked a marked "no parking" area or blocking someone's entrance, "people" couldn't care less about your car or where you are parked. Certainly no one would care enough to complain.
Here, if it's not marked and it's a big side walk, you can just drive up the curb and park there. Most people do that.
Often times, people park like total ass-hats though and leave a big gap that isn't quite large enough for another car. So the "Smart" driver just pulls in there ass or nose first and still fits in the spot. Where as we would need to park on top of the smart and the other car to fit.

margojon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Wrangler
anyone talk to truckmaster designs? believe someone here posted a potential fix from them but i've emailed and called, no reply.

Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Experienced this last night, we have heavy rain here right now.

Took in-laws and wife out for a meal, they wanted a ride in the Jeep , walked in with wet pants and interior cabin full of water.

However y’all try and say “it’s a Jeep thing buy something else”, it sucks

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I wonder if it would have been better with no gutter at all? Then it wouldn't be concentrated in one place. Of course, I am not going to try to remove the gutter; but maybe for future Fiats.