Sponsored

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
I mean I ordered on 3/23 and mine's already in transit on it's way here. It was done being built last week. Dealer said 2 weeks for shipping but honestly at this rate I would expect it to be here this week.

Seems like everything is going WAY faster. Dealer had originally said 8-10 weeks, underselling it I guess.

It seems like their building process isn't at all predictable.
Sponsored

hydro21

First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I ordered on the same date as you and the dealer contacted me 3-4 days later with a VIN and said "Great news! It might be in by the end of this month." He didn't attach any specific documents, though. I got the basic "materials are ready and build should start soon" from Jeep Chat, but they did not confirm an ETA.

I'm in Indiana, too. What dealer did you go through?
We went through our local dealer... We live in a rural area but within an hour from the Ohio boarder... I believe our Jeep will be delivered by truck... Our dealership gave us a POC that has the VIN# and status code.... He said he receives updates of status changes, but we wouldn't get anything until the window sticker is generated. He said we could call and he would check for us periodically. Another customer ordered theirs on March 22nd and that one is scheduled to deliver any day.... I'm hoping 2-3 weeks out :)

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
My sister ordered a custom JLU in 2019 and apparently VIN on customer orders are supposed to have your initials in it? Just got my VIN for my 4xe and if it is supposed to be initials as she was told, they got the first initial wrong... Is that a problem or possible typo by my dealer on the POC?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My sister ordered a custom JLU in 2019 and apparently VIN on customer orders are supposed to have your initials in it?
Is your sister a practical joker?

woody8476

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU (Sold), 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Is your sister a practical joker?
She showed me her VIN, it really was her initials. Said her dealer told her it was an Easter Egg for custom orders. The same two digits in mine are close enough but seemingly swapped a J and M, which are close enough on the keyboard to be a legit typo...

I guess either a really funny coincidence for her or a typo for me?

Ordered 4/6
VIN 4/13
ETA 5/1 🤞

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I guess either a really funny coincidence for her or a typo for me?
Don't know what to say other than I've never heard that before and my VIN doesn't include either of my initials.

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Ordered 3/26
VIN 3/29
Shipped 4/9
ETA to dealer 4/20 - 5/4
Either way I still would have to wait to 4/26 for tread lightly to kick in.

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Finally some progress, the build sheet has appeared on Cryptostickers!

Ordered 12/31
D status + window sticker 01/29
D1 status 03/15
Build sheet 04/14

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX

Ordered 12/31
D1 status 03/15
Build sheet 04/14
What did you order?

Sponsored

Aloicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR

Ordered 12/31
D1 status 03/15
Build sheet 04/14
You got the window sticker before the build sheet? Weird, I always thought the build sheet indicated the build was complete, and the sticker indicated the inspection was complete and it had been invoiced.

I just got my build sheet today too and a note from the dealer that the build was complete awaiting inspection. No sticker yet though

scooter540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
What did you order?
  • 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Willys 25W)
  • 3.6L V6/8 speed automatic
  • Firecracker red
  • 3 piece freedom top (no dual top)
  • 2.71:1 Selec-Trac
  • Safety group
  • Advanced safety group
  • Uconnect 4C Nav and sound group
  • Trailer tow and HD electrical group
  • Cold weather group
  • Convenience group
  • Plastic Mopar door sill guards
  • Technology group
  • Mopar cargo tub liner
You got the window sticker before the build sheet? Weird, I always thought the build sheet indicated the build was complete, and the sticker indicated the inspection was complete and it had been invoiced.

I just got my build sheet today too and a note from the dealer that the build was complete awaiting inspection. No sticker yet though
Ya it's backwards for Canadian orders. We get the window sticker as soon as the VIN is available and then the build sheet once the vehicle has gone into production.

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
Dealer told me yesterday "about 2 weeks ago they stopped taking orders for the Billet Silver". Anyone have any information on why?

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Dealer told me yesterday "about 2 weeks ago they stopped taking orders for the Billet Silver". Anyone have any information on why?
I ordered a Billet Silver Willys Unlimited on 4/7 and got an update from the dealer this morning that it is scheduled to start production on Monday. Unless it was eliminated from a particular trim, I would have them double check.

jparty1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JGC
I ordered a Billet Silver Willys Unlimited on 4/7 and got an update from the dealer this morning that it is scheduled to start production on Monday. Unless it was eliminated from a particular trim, I would have them double check.
Very interesting, thanks for the Info. I'm looking for a Unlimited Rubicon and two separate dealerships have told me the same thing now. Billet still shows on Jeep.com. Very strange.
Sponsored