jdpatt12

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon 2019 Jeep Cherokee , 2015 ford mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
They had it wrong. Took it back and they flipped it the right way.
Advisor said it wouldn’t matter. I didn’t argue with him as it was installed the way it was supposed to be.
If you have your done check before you leave with it. Cause it will make a difference in the way it rides.

65892DF5-C601-4563-9BFC-EB15D1A10101.jpeg
Sponsored

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
AE is the correct part number. If that's what you have on the Jeep your good to go.
My dealer told me the "AA" indicates the "kit" for which they were invoiced and "AE" is the individual part number. Made a nice improvement on my 2018 JLU.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
I had the work done yesterday at my local dealer Farrish in northern VA. They had me in and out in 45 minutes and was done correctly and very well organized, nice job by the dealer. I do notice a lot less play in the overall steering as a result of the replacement. We will see this weekend how it is on the highway at 70 mph and overall if much of a difference.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They had it wrong. Took it back and they flipped it the right way.
Advisor said it wouldn’t matter. I didn’t argue with him as it was installed the way it was supposed to be.
If you have your done check before you leave with it. Cause it will make a difference in the way it rides.

65892DF5-C601-4563-9BFC-EB15D1A10101.jpeg
Okay, did he flip it vertically or horizontally? From that picture it looks like there are two ways to correct the arrow direction? Is the arrow sticker supposed to on the top or the bottom? Why the hell didn’t they turn the arrow 90 degrees and say left or right?

Edit: oh wait, I seam to recall the bolts aren’t parallel to each other in the stock configuration. It’s been a long time since I’ve had mine stock.

Personally I can’t see it making a difference which way they install it other than maybe clearance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I had a great visit with my dealer but felt the V-41 fix didn't do anything whatsoever. I installed the Falcon 2.2 today and it's a huge difference.
I did the same—took the V41 off after a week and put the Falcon 2.2 adjustable on and love it.

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Sting Gray, 2018 Honda Accord
Vehicle Showcase
So I am at Columbia Chrysler Dodge Jeep waiting for mine to get done. I asked the service advisor specifically about 5 qts of oil 5 tire rotation., and the steering damper install. He said yeah they know about it.

Fingers crossed, because I will not be happy if it is over filled or installed backwards. I'll update after done.

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Had my dampener replaced yesterday. I'm on vacation but my dad took it. He sent me a photo after getting back to my house, no surprise...

INSTALLED BACKWARDS

Got ahold of the dealer that night and talked to the St Charles IL Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep service manager director Ron. He told me this was an obvious concern of his and other discussion took place. But in any event, my dad took the JLUR (build date 05/18) back this morning and left it for them to fix. Apparently the mechanic said that due to the bushings it could only be installed one way.

Ooook?.....

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update, Columbia Chrysler Dodge Jeep in TN installed the damper correctly, filled with 5 qts of oil and did a 5 tire rotation.

The only thing I noticed was the engine oil life indicator wasn't reset. Otherwise a good experience.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I ordered one and put it on myself. Noticed no difference at all. But I never really noticed a problem with the steering to begin with.

Islandlife

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I can say that my dealer at ray laethem here in Michigan did a solid job. Part was on right and very friendly throughout the whole process. I feel it helped my steering to not wander like crazy before. For now I am excited to drive it again. I feel confident again to take a road trip with the family up north.

Islandlife

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I can say that my dealer at ray laethem here in Michigan did a solid job. Part was on right and very friendly throughout the whole process. I feel it helped my steering to not wander like crazy before. For now I am excited to drive it again. I feel confident again to take a road trip with the family up north.

Sting Ray Rubi

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my update. I apparently didn't let the jeep sit long enough before checking the oil. It's over filled.
I checked it again this morning and it's up to the cable on the dipstick. Do not use Columbia Chrysler Dodge jeep.
I will drain some out today and never use them again.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Update on my update. I apparently didn't let the jeep sit long enough before checking the oil. It's over filled.
I checked it again this morning and it's up to the cable on the dipstick. Do not use Columbia Chrysler Dodge jeep.
I will drain some out today and never use them again.
Try Franklin Jeep, they did mine and knew about the 5 quarts only. Ask for Brandy, she is the only service advisor I use. She cares about he customers.
Sponsored