First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I just installed a Thinkware TW-F70H in the wife's Pilot. It came with a hardwire kit which was very easy to install...especially since the Pilot's fuse box is inside the vehicle. So far it is operating as advertised. Oh, the cam was $69.99 on Amazon with the hardwire kit.

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

How are these mounted? I am not able to see from the images on the Blackvue site.
I had the local car toys install mine. It mounts in front of the rear view mirror, on the vehicle roll cage, and not the window. This would allow me to put the windshield down without having to remove the camera.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I had the local car toys install mine. It mounts in front of the rear view mirror, on the vehicle roll cage, and not the window. This would allow me to put the windshield down without having to remove the camera.
Can they be mounted on a 1/4" stud?

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
How are these mounted? I am not able to see from the images on the Blackvue site.
Here are some pics of how I mounted my Blackview dash cams. Not effected by top off, nor windshield down. I mounted the rear facing camera to capture any break in attempts during parking mode. I mounted both cameras with the 3M VHB tape.

DCAM - FRONT1.jpg

DCAM - REAR.jpg

DCAM - FRONT2.jpg

Beetle Bailey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, HD Dyna, HD Softail
Here are some pics of how I mounted my Blackview dash cams. Not effected by top off, nor windshield down. I mounted the rear facing camera to capture any break in attempts during parking mode. I mounted both cameras with the 3M VHB tape.

Jeep Wrangler JL Good/Best Dash Cam? DCAM - FRONT2

Great looking install

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
How hard is it to install into the aux switches? Anyone have a link for an install video or instructions? I don't have my Jeep yet but I was looking at getting a BlackVue ahead of time so it is ready for delivery.

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

My Blackvue 900s just failed. Voltage coming off the wire is fine. After having it for about a year. This seems to be an issue wth 900s. For expediency, I ordered a new 900x. I don't like supporting companies that have crappy support, but I can't find a camera with better image quality out there.

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
My Blackvue 900s just failed. Voltage coming off the wire is fine. After having it for about a year. This seems to be an issue wth 900s. For expediency, I ordered a new 900x. I don't like supporting companies that have crappy support, but I can't find a camera with better image quality out there.
I also switched to 900X from 900S (moved S to another car). I was going to reuse the cable, but 900X didn’t turn on. Seems like Blackvue changed power cable for X series (possibly for voltage protection feature?). If it fails to power by reusing the cable, you have to switch to the new cable comes with X. The rear camera worked with the old cable, though.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I also switched to 900X from 900S (moved S to another car). I was going to reuse the cable, but 900X didn’t turn on. Seems like Blackvue changed power cable for X series (possibly for voltage protection feature?). If it fails to power by reusing the cable, you have to switch to the new cable comes with X. The rear camera worked with the old cable, though.
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked the parts, and it is a different hardwire cable between the 900S and the 900X. That just adds some more fun into the process!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
It would be great if jeep offered an option to use the front facing cam asa dash cam 😃
Maybe with a tazer?
Sponsored