tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased a front and rear cams and installed the rear small can in the front and larger front cam with a screen on the rear. I still have to hard wire to the rear power adapter and hide the wiring with oem headliner.

A76FA7BF-2A71-4EE7-A75E-04799B9E31EC.jpeg

C035588B-60A5-4129-A9A1-0BB6EE59E6C3.jpeg
Sponsored

jeep949shopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, Rav4
@tatarin did i understand correctly that you already hardwired the front cam? Appreciate if you could write up how you did your wiring. Thanks.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
With this camera system you power up the larger camera with your standard 12v power plug and the little camera gets its power from the large camera. For cleaner install I flipped it from how it was intended. So the large camera is in the back getting the power from the rear outlet (which I will hardwire tsp into) and the little camera is behind the mirror. They provided long enough cable that I was able to route it up through the ACC and over to A-pillar down to the lower plastic and all the way back.

It’s not hardwired yet, currently it’s pluged in the back of the Jeep in that power outlet.

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
Somewhat off topic here, but has anyone tried flipping their rear view mirror with the ACC module there? Is it still doable?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
for you guys wiring to the 12V IGN, what 12V to 5V converter did you use?

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Thanks! And you just connected the IGN wire directly to the fuse?
The aux switch 4, be careful what you tap into, canbus cars don't take kindly to extra wiring.

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
@TrailRunner
@jgo138

With a radar detector, I would want a ignition switched 12v power source. A source that plays well with the CANbus system. Note: If your JL has Aux switches you have an easily avail. switched acc. wire already.

With such a power source, the radar detection would come right on when you started the JL and turned off when you turn off the JL.

There are such sources right in the cab of the JL but what I recommend you do, is to just buy one of these.

This goodie is very very easy to install. No headaches going through fire wall grommets, etc. This goodie is plug and play!

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/12-volt-power-adapter-jeep-wrangler-jl

@Quadratec is a forum sponsor... Thanks for that Quadratec!
I am curious about that harness you posted….i bought a Wolfbox rear view mirror and I need two sources of ACC power. I COULD run the wires to my fuse box up front and try some fuses there, but I’m already using my front 12v fuse as a tap for my DRLs. Any advice?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am curious about that harness you posted….i bought a Wolfbox rear view mirror and I need two sources of ACC power. I COULD run the wires to my fuse box up front and try some fuses there, but I’m already using my front 12v fuse as a tap for my DRLs. Any advice?
So you are saying you need 2 ignition switched power sources?

For that you could use the power-adapter for one of them.. You could get the other from the 12v power port in the back that can be set up as ignition switched.

I'm sure other's here will chime in and tell you what they used interior wise..

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
So you are saying you need 2 ignition switched power sources?

For that you could use the power-adapter for one of them.. You could get the other from the 12v power port in the back that can be set up as ignition switched.

I'm sure other's here will chime in and tell you what they used interior wise..
I do have the Aux panel switches available, just wondering how I should wire it. The wires on the kit have fuses (15) on each of them. Do I wire one to a separate switch or can I wire both to the ignition wire? I hate electrical crap lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I do have the Aux panel switches available, just wondering how I should wire it. The wires on the kit have fuses (15) on each of them. Do I wire one to a separate switch or can I wire both to the ignition wire? I hate electrical crap lol
I know nothing in regard to the actual Wolfbox rear view mirror offering and it's install. I just tried to find simple install instr. for it online and could not find...

Anyway, with knowing nothing in regard to this particular install, I can be of little help to you unfortunately. Hopefully, another JL owner has done this install and can provide you with install info.
Sponsored