Sponsored

Getting Through Firewall on Driver’s Side (MT)?

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone know the best way to get through the firewall in the drivers side? I router power cables through the passenger side using the big rubber grommet but I don’t see an easy way through the drivers side.

I want to route some coax. I would appreciate any help.
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
You should have plastic cap on an opening on the driver side. I do in my 2020 jl?
Jeep Wrangler JL Getting Through Firewall on Driver’s Side (MT)? PXL_20210109_230140289

This is the view with hood up and looking at the area in front of driver side dash and footwell.

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
You should have plastic cap on an opening on the driver side. I do in my 2020 jl?
Jeep Wrangler JL Getting Through Firewall on Driver’s Side (MT)? PXL_20210109_230140289

This is the view with hood up and looking at the area in front of driver side dash and footwell.
Thanks. I’ll look for that. If so I guess I can just drill through it and then seal it?

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That's where your clutch master cylinder sits. I just drilled through in that general area (a litle below the master cylinder) to pass my wires. It is double wall, so a bit of a pain. I inserted a grommet and used rtv to seal it up

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Since you have a manual, you will not have that opening because as the above poster said, your clutch uses that hole.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@safety_glasses

IF you have an automatic tranny JL, you will find a removable plug on the driver's side firewall.
On the inside of the JL it is right where the clutch pedal hardware would come through.

The part number for this plug is 68336758AC PLUG-DASH.

You can easily remove the plug and drill holes it in to pass wire(s) through. Pops back on easily. Be sure to seal up around wires well with silicone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Getting Through Firewall on Driver’s Side (MT)? firewall plug locatio

Jeep Wrangler JL Getting Through Firewall on Driver’s Side (MT)? firewall plu

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the feedback. I have the manual so yeah mine is blocked.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Check out this thread..... https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-grommet-to-get-wires-through-firewall.41004/

particularly #6

I am currently doing research now on the best way to get wires through the firewall also on a MT, and this may be a viable option. I am going to continue to deep dive this forum because I have found some great tips and tricks that have saved me time and money. I'll post if I find anything.

swang

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@safety_glasses

IF you have an automatic tranny JL, you will find a removable plug on the driver's side firewall.
On the inside of the JL it is right where the clutch pedal hardware would come through.

You can easily remove the plug and drill holes it in to pass wire(s) through. Pops back on easily. Be sure to seal up around wires well with silicone.

How do you easily remove that plug? I’m trying from the inside but can’t get it to budge.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
@safety_glasses

Ooo thanks for that! I always wondered what the part number was. I promptly lost mine lol. I ended up buying one of these boots to run a cable through:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K2285E

It fit very nicely in the hole.
Sponsored