Generally, at what angle will Jeep roll over?

VKSheridan

First Name
Vince
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 Dr Rubicon JL Hardtop
My “Tippy Gauge” in the monitor said this was 30 degrees roll. I got out to see how much lean we were leaning as it felt like a lot inside the Jeep. I took a picture so that I could convince my buddy we weren’t going to go down the hill on our top……LOL

67D0CABE-8BB2-4F58-A1B1-AE89C12B9500.jpeg

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Can she do a 101 class for my wife? She usually just starts making shrill noises in the passenger seat
My wife would spotting by flailing her arms and telling me things like "Go the other way", "turn that one direction", "don't roll over that thing you just went over"
Extremely good at details she is. :facepalm:
I don't leave her responsible for directions either. I literally just wait until I'm close to somewhere and say "Let me know if you see a sign that says ...."

ivanidea

First Name
Ivan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Occupation
IT
Back in the TJ days, I recall the rollover angle was around 45°.

My modded TJ was lifted, but also hid wider wheels. I took that to 40° once. Unfortunately, this was in the days before digital cameras were popular.

I used to teach, and the site I used had a bank which was 25°. Land Rover Defenders have a roll over angle of 30°, so many off-road sites in the UK cater for them.

At 25°, my students were terrified the first time I took them over this obstacle.

My rule of thumb is, if I'm still in the seat, then I'm okay.

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement