Garage door button on sunvisor ?

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
-Genie garage door opener (2) rolling codes/shuts frequency down after 15 seconds
-park Jeep in front of garage door leave running
- use your original garage door opener to open and close the door 1 time
-look at your remote and the light should be red not green when pressing the button
-hold the visor or mirror 1 and 3 button at the same time for 20 seconds release (only do a reset 1 time)
-when light on visor or mirror flashes slowly then quickly flashes.
-use your original garage door opener to open and close and open 1 time
-hold your remote and button you want to program and the button on the visor or mirror 3in away for 25 seconds
- light flashes slowly then rapidly release the buttons (slow then fast flashing means its ready to learn)
- go to your garage door opener in the garage and press the button "learn" for 3 seconds and it will flash
- go back to Jeep and press the visor button or mirror button 2 times slowly...the garage door should close on the 3 click
- check all your original door openers and make sure they work as well.
- if you need to reprogram your original remote press the learn button 3 seconds and press the remote button 1 to 3 times until the garage door opens and closes.
- program the other buttons with no RESET
Sponsored

debandi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep Rubicon
Took me a couple of tries to do mine. Works great on my garage doors and my neighbors garage doors. Yep, it opened my neighbors garage door at the same time. (Ha ha)

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I'm jealous. My garage is too old to be programmed with anything. On top of this, the Jeep doesn't fit regardless :(

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I just recommend only programming the garage door buttons if you park in the garage. Far too often they are used to break into homes when parking outside.
good advice but I noticed that my garage door buttons do not function unless the engine is on. I have a JLR.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure the Sahara didn't have it? It is listed as standard on Sahara and Rubicon.
Yes, my 2019 Sahara has a Garage Door opener. Would not have one without. That price better to have gadgets. :jk::handsinair:

Sponsored

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Thanks for this! I swear I had done this at least a dozen times with my sommer direct drive and it never worked. I was actually planning on getting a fix I found the Tesla guys using (apparently they also have issues with sommer direct drives) and just never got around to it. Well tonight I decided to try it again using your instructions and first try it worked! The door opener not working with the HomeLink was a major disappointment for me, I'm so happy that you posted this. Thank you.
Glad I could help

DCerveza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20200 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Just programmed the jeep remote, no problem, except none of my other remotes work..
HELP.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just programmed the jeep remote, no problem, except none of my other remotes work..
HELP.
You accidentally reprogrammed the master code. You will have to reprogram each device, remote and car all over. Just like you did for your Wrangler. Each might be different. Most cars use Lear and Home link.

Try calling the company that made your opener. Hopefully you have a Liftmaster or Chamberlin. Liftmaster/Chamberlin have excellent customer service and tech support. They will know the procedure for every car, brand of remote, etc. They will talk you through every step over the phone.

Or you can go online and look up the programming steps for each individual remote, device, car. It's a lot easier to just call and have them talk you through each device.

TLEM1414

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The video instructs you to hold the homelink button and handheld transmitter button at the same time until it programs. Which did not work for me. And the other way of pressing the learn button and the. Pressing homelink for 2 seconds x 3 times which also did not work. The third way in the manual is holding the homelink button and pressing the handheld transmitter for two seconds over and over until it programs which finally worked after about 45 seconds of doing it. It says it is for Canadian openers which makes sense because my opener says made in Canada on it even though I live in Florida...

82310AB3-ABD6-420A-91EC-D607CBFF96B9.png
Thanks for the info!!! This way worked for me as well! I’m in N.C. Greatly appreciated!

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
good advice but I noticed that my garage door buttons do not function unless the engine is on. I have a JLR.
Agreed. Wish that the Homelink systems in my other vehicles behaved the same way as well.

JRO2512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
I had no clue in regard to my 6 year old LiftMaster garage door openers (2). I first tried the method where you climb the ladder and push the button on the door opener and that did not work. I tried 3 times. Then I used the other method. I followed directions on this video. I did two different garage door openers. No, no tricks. Had remote about 2 inches from HomeLink during the process. I had JL in RUN !

For anyone looking in 2020, this worked for me, first try.
Sponsored