Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I lay mine flat in the back in the bag and it’s a pretty quick process, was quicker before adding my spiderwebshade but even now it’s not bad, I have a 4-door so there is enough room in the back to store them flat, heck I have even stored stuff on top like a cooler and have had no issues
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
A few months ago I was trying to devise a way where each Freedom Panel would have on each of its sides a ball bearing like drawer slide piece of hardware that would allow you to push the top up once its latches were released, and slide it back over the back of the hard top and lock it in that position so storing them would be a non issue.

The project took a back burner to logistical problems, other projects, colder weather and Bestop's soon shipping of the Sunrider for the JL, making my vision unlikely to sell.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
If the freedom panels are placed in their bag correctly and then laid down horizontally instead of the intended vertically...will this hurt the panels or is this fine?

Bay Sailor

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If the freedom panels are placed in their bag correctly and then laid down horizontally instead of the intended vertically...will this hurt the panels or is this fine?
That's the way I place them in the back. I haven't seem to notice any wear doing that and I have had my jeep since April.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone ever seen what happens with heavy, unsecured missiles in the back when you rearend, get rearended or roll? Not a pretty site. On the JK it wasn't a problem seeing over them vertically attached to the rear seat because you couldn't see out the rear anyway. On the JL they give you two side mirrors and a camera. Do you need more?

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Anyone ever seen what happens with heavy, unsecured missiles in the back when you rearend, get rearended or roll? Not a pretty site. On the JK it wasn't a problem seeing over them vertically attached to the rear seat because you couldn't see out the rear anyway. On the JL they give you two side mirrors and a camera. Do you need more?
At least in my NYS Mike you're street legal simply if you have side view mirrors on each side, even if the rear mirror's present, but its view is obscured.

Your point about securing missiles over any overstated sense of visibility laying them down but not secured is well respect.

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sting Grey + '15 Cherokee Trailhawk + '17 Renegade Trailhawk
When I secure the bag as shown in the picture it blocks the view from the rear view mirror. I usually just lay it down in the back.
I agree.

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If somebody (Quadratec) could just design a way to suspend these things from the top, in the rear, it would be amazing! Just sayin. I will accept just 5% of sales for royalties, thank you very much.

BIGDOGS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If somebody (Quadratec) could just design a way to suspend these things from the top, in the rear, it would be amazing! Just sayin. I will accept just 5% of sales for royalties, thank you very much.
@Quadratec

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Unfortunately we do not have those as of yet. I will pass this along to our design team to see if this is something they can do!

Thank you and have a great day!
Hailey