Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
Hi

Which way the factory bag for the freedom top goes?

I try to figure out which way. It not very clear on the picture on the bag and nothing in the manual.

Thanks
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
Hi

Which way the factory bag for the freedom top goes?

I try to figure out which way. It not very clear on the picture on the bag and nothing in the manual.

Thanks
Search google for the video of it. There is one out there.

OP
OP

Patthe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler unlimited JL
I search but only found the jk bag that store vertically. The new jl store horizontally.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I simply do not get this. Assuming you have nothing laying on top of your freedom panels stored in bag in the back, why wouldn't you lay them flat and not obstruct the rear view. There's attachment points there too.

Certainly one freedom panel can handle the weight of another freedom panel on top of it.

..or is the idea that you turn the backup camera on even when not in reverse and use this as your glorified rear view mirror in such situations where the freedom top panel bag blocks your rear view?

Why would FCA (I know this is Quadratec) sanction a way that might not make your rig street legal (ability to see out of the rear view mirror)??

Sponsored

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
They aren’t that high. With the bag secured to the floor (like show on the pic inside the freedom bag), you can still easily see out the back window.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
They aren’t that high. With the bag secured to the floor (like show on the pic inside the freedom bag), you can still easily see out the back window.
When I secure the bag as shown in the picture it blocks the view from the rear view mirror. I usually just lay it down in the back.

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to put mine in the bag for the first time. We felt like a moron. They were never level and fit very tight in the bag. Am I missing something? The video made it look stupid easy.

Last edited:

Bay Sailor

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Tried to put mine in the bag for the first time. We felt like a moron. The were never level and fit very tight in the bag. Am I missing something? The video made it look stupid easy.
I felt like a moron too the first time. Watched the how to video again and now it's really easy and quick. I too lay mine down in the back. Blocks too much of the rear view otherwise.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I disregarded that thing until today. I actually was wondering what people did with their freedom tops and I assumed no one used it.

Today I removed the top and doors. I have been placing the tops in the rear cargo area separated by a sleeping bag... but today I used the bag and I am now a certified freedom top stowing professional. Mine shows that you connect it to the rear seat and use the strap around the rear headrests. I opted to put it in the storage unit with the top though... I did lift it in the cargo area to test the visibility as if I mounted it to the rear seats and it sits awfully high in my opinion..

Sponsored

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Is not using the bag and laying them in the trunk a bad idea?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Is not using the bag and laying them in the trunk a bad idea?
Not enough room back there just to lay them both down and nothing else securing or padding them. They will slide all over the place and will overlap and get all scratched up.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
I throw them in the back with a beach towel between them, they are disposable pieces of junk anyway ... Come oooonnnnn Bestop Trektop NX!

Disclaimer: I figured out how to put in bag, but bag blocked the rearview mirror and I wasn't able to see out. Thus I just went back to putting in back with towel.

I would love to have a face to face meeting with the designers of the Hardtop just to see what type of logic they were using. The process is really an abomination to remove all but the freedom panels, which actually did improve over the JK.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
With the JLU, I just laid it down on the cargo area. I started to try to put them upright but then noticed that I could just lay it down and not worry, and laziness won out. If I had the 2 dr version, I'd have tried harder so I can still have the rear seats as seats. As to the rear view, just go out and get 40" tires and you won't be able to see past the spare anyway! ;) More seriously, not being able to see out the back is not illegal. In most states so long as one mirror provides a view to the back, you are good to go, but check your own state laws to be sure.

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I put my rear seats flat and out the passenger side In the trunk and the driver side in the second row....I think it went well. I don’t have the bag in my car because it’s novemenr is and I thought I wouldn’t need it until March, today it was 65°f!!!
Sponsored