First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
My storage bag is hanging from my garage wall with my panels in it! I installed a Bestop SunRider top in place of my panels, best thing ever!

We just love it, it's so easy to open and close, seconds and your in the sun, seconds and your safe from the rain! Yes a bit expensive but worth every penny! I thought about it awhile then took the plunge, just great. I don't want a full soft top, been there done that, love the panels off but such a PITA, the SunRider it just the best! The Twill material is best, just like the deluxe Jeep top cloth, go for it!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
My storage bag is hanging from my garage wall with my panels in it! I installed a Bestop SunRider top in place of my panels, best thing ever!

We just love it, it's so easy to open and close, seconds and your in the sun, seconds and your safe from the rain! Yes a bit expensive but worth every penny! I thought about it awhile then took the plunge, just great. I don't want a full soft top, been there done that, love the panels off but such a PITA, the SunRider it just the best! The Twill material is best, just like the deluxe Jeep top cloth, go for it!!!

Go Jeep!!!
How is wind noise at highway speed? I’m definitely interested

JPSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab Sting Grey, 2012 Sahara JKU (sold)
I ended up emailing my salesperson and he confirmed it comes with it :like:
Thanks for the info/confirmation...my Moab does not have one and when I did a search could not find anything that verifies that it should be included.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I find the bag that came with the JL a pain, I'm going to see if the JL panels fit in my friend's JK bag and buy one of those.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I don't use my storage bag. Just recently took it out of the jeep altogether, since I wasn't using it. When I take the panels off, I put one in the back seat and one in the rear. They've been perfectly fine like that. It's too time consuming putting them in the bag imo.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
How is wind noise at highway speed? I’m definitely interested
Mike630
My wife who has practically taken over my JLU just loves the Sunrider as do I. She has it open most of the time and with the panels never would!

The wind noise is not nearly loud as soft top on our older JKU soft top, we find it not bad at all. I think with the Sunrider open it's quieter than with the panels off? Maybe cuz the opening is slightly smaller and the wind interrupted by the part that sticks up?

Best thing we've done to a Jeep yet, at least as far as 2 JKU's and a JLU!

Go Jeep!!!

Mike630

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Mike630
My wife who has practically taken over my JLU just loves the Sunrider as do I. She has it open most of the time and with the panels never would!

The wind noise is not nearly loud as soft top on our older JKU soft top, we find it not bad at all. I think with the Sunrider open it's quieter than with the panels off? Maybe cuz the opening is slightly smaller and the wind interrupted by the part that sticks up?

Best thing we've done to a Jeep yet, at least as far as 2 JKU's and a JLU!

Go Jeep!!!
That’s for the reply and insight. Definitely considering getting one!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don't use my storage bag. Just recently took it out of the jeep altogether, since I wasn't using it. When I take the panels off, I put one in the back seat and one in the rear. They've been perfectly fine like that. It's too time consuming putting them in the bag imo.
I keep seeing people say this and I just don't understand. It takes like 20 seconds to store each panel and I've only done it a few times.

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I keep seeing people say this and I just don't understand. It takes like 20 seconds to store each panel and I've only done it a few times.
Wait until you've done it 120 times. That's 2,400 seconds, which is 40 minutes. Do you want to spend 40 minutes putting panels in bags?? I don't!

For real though, I just found it to be a pain in the ass. I have the free space to store one in the back and one in the back seat. It hasn't been a problem. So that's what I do.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wait until you've done it 120 times. That's 2,400 seconds, which is 40 minutes. Do you want to spend 40 minutes putting panels in bags?? I don't!

For real though, I just found it to be a pain in the ass. I have the free space to store one in the back and one in the back seat. It hasn't been a problem. So that's what I do.
If you get in an accident those things are gonna take your head off.

Sponsored

EJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude

Go Jeep!!!
I was thinking about going this route, I only got the hard top and was considering just going with the SunRider instead of getting the full soft top. I'll decide next summer, thanks for posting your experience. I know with the full soft top it's a nice experience but I don't have a place to store my hard top (unless I put it in my back yard) and the SunRider seems so convenient even if it's not the full top off experience.

As far as where to store the freedom panel bags, mine lays flat in the back easily, of course you can't do that with the 2 door

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I lay mine flat in the back of the 4DR. I originally tied it vertical to the seats but it rubbed wear marks permanently to the backside.

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea where mine is anymore.

I took it out of the Jeep and put it somewhere for safe keeping, and can't remember where. :LOL:
Sponsored