Sponsored

Freedom Panel Storage Bag - Where is it?

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
Just picked up my Jeep. I got the dual top group, so the softop was in a huge box in the rear. I havent opened the box and havent seen the
Freedom Panel Storage Bag. I'm wondering if it is in the box? I really dont want to unpack the box as I live in MN and dont plan on putting the soft top on for another month. Does anyone remember where it was physically located if you ordered this option?

Also, I cant find the tools for removing the hardtop. Could this also be in that box?

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
The tools should be in a little cloth case... most likely in the back under that floor panel you can lift up.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
My Freedom Panel Storage bag was listed on the window sticker but wasnā€™t included in the Jeep. I didnā€™t notice until I arrived home.

Long story short, the dealer had removed it for the showroom and had to ship it to me.

OP
OP
smokinjeep

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
The tools should be in a little cloth case... most likely in the back under that floor panel you can lift up.
In the back by the jack? If so i dont think i got mine. Still hoping for an answer about the physical location of the freedom bag.

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
My freedom top bag and soft top bag were outside of the big box in the back.

Sponsored

KeithM

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 06 Duramax, e39 Touring
Occupation
Software
Tools were in glove box for me.

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ā€˜96 BMW 328i Convertible
My freedom top bag and soft top bag were outside of the big box in the back.
Same with mine. The salesman handed me the tools that immediately went into the glovebox.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My freedom top bag was at the front/under the box, behind the drivers seat if I remember correctly.

JLRuby

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The dealer had pulled my freedom top bag out of the Jeep. I had to remind them to get it during delivery process. Tool kit was in center console.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Hard top only but my Freedom panel bag was in the cargo area. Tools were in the small pouch found in the glove box.

I doubt the bag is in the box since they're two separate options. Soft top can be bought alone so the freedom panel bag isn't likely to be in it. If you get the dual top option they simply load the box containing the soft top into the cargo area. I highly doubt Jeep would make a separate box for dual top and stand along orders of soft tops. The box(s) likely only contain soft top parts.

I'd recommend opening the box to verify the storage bag isn't in there, because I doubt it is. I could be wrong though...

JimmyMac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU Punk'n
I ended up with two, one inside the jeep at pick up. The other arrived a week later instead of the soft window bag I had actually ordered. Oops. The dealer got that fixed within a couple days.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

my freedom top bag was in the cargo area. and the tool bag was in the same spot as the jack and tire iron kit

Logger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had to remind the dealer abt the bag and the tools. Iā€™d suggest giving them a call.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Just picked up my Jeep. I got the dual top group, so the softop was in a huge box in the rear. I havent opened the box and havent seen the
Freedom Panel Storage Bag. I'm wondering if it is in the box? I really dont want to unpack the box as I live in MN and dont plan on putting the soft top on for another month. Does anyone remember where it was physically located if you ordered this option?

Also, I cant find the tools for removing the hardtop. Could this also be in that box?
Iā€™d be surprised if the storage bag is in the box with your soft top, but maybe. Only way to know is open the box at both ends as it should be at one end or the other, not in the middle of the box. If not, and after youā€™ve thoroughly searched the entire Jeep, let the dealer know you didnā€™t receive either item at delivery. And I would do it sooner than later. Some dealers get selective amnesia shortly after delivery, and barely remember you did business with them.

Itā€™s also not uncommon for salesman to pillage unsold vehicles for extra items when they sell something, to include the tool kit and storage bag, so yours could be with some other lucky owner. My storage bag was in the cargo area in itā€™s own box (hard top only), but there was no sign of the tool kit, so it was replaced by one in...you guessed it, another unsold Wrangler. The "robbing Peter to pay Paul" effect.
Sponsored