Sponsored

Freedom Top Storage Bag Storage

aml

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue JLUR
The idea is to be able to stow the Freedom Top panels whenever the urge strikes while we're out exploring. That's kind of hard to do it they the storage bag is many miles away in our motorcoach.
With that tool box in the way, it is kind of preventing you from fulfilling “whenever the urge strikes”. Just saying :)
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The "corrugated plastic spaced board" is the piece of plastic that both foam inserts are attached to. If you open your storage bag and look between the twp styrofoam blocks you'll see a black piece of plastic. It is constructed much like corrugated cardboard, hence the terminology.
They must have changed them . Mine is a 2 compartment bag without Styrofoam nor plastic board . I folded mine up and jammed it under my spare wheel , which wheel rests on it's side in the back . Wheel must be rolled out as I cannot lift it down .

Once you put the freedom tops into the bag , why not throw it on top of your other stuff ?

ATXMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sport S, Red Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Following Ron's directions above I basically disassembled the freedom top storage bag. I removed the pins that hold everything together first. I then cut the plastic board that runs across the bottom in half. I then rolled up the bag and bound it with a bungee. The styrofoam pieces with the black plastic supports didn't fit quite right in the storage compartment. So I just removed the black plastic pice altogether. After that the bag and the styrofoam corners fit perfectly into the storage compartment.

The missing black piece don't have any side effects on the bag structure when the freedom panels are inside of it. The styrofoam corners are more than enough to keep the panels protected and aligned in the bag.

Since taking the pics I have also picked up a 6.5L stuff sack from REI. Thats now what I am using to put the rolled up bag into. It works great and is a little cleaner look.

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Following Ron's directions above I basically disassembled the freedom top storage bag. I removed the pins that hold everything together first. I then cut the plastic board that runs across the bottom in half. I then rolled up the bag and bound it with a bungee. The styrofoam pieces with the black plastic supports didn't fit quite right in the storage compartment. So I just removed the black plastic pice altogether. After that the bag and the styrofoam corners fit perfectly into the storage compartment.

The missing black piece don't have any side effects on the bag structure when the freedom panels are inside of it. The styrofoam corners are more than enough to keep the panels protected and aligned in the bag.

Since taking the pics I have also picked up a 6.5L stuff sack from REI. Thats now what I am using to put the rolled up bag into. It works great and is a little cleaner look.

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1275.jpeg

IMG_1276.jpeg

IMG_1278.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg
That is awesome.

Does anyone else have a hard time placing the freedom panels in their bag? The passenger panel barely fits with I zip it up and it feels like the styrofoam slots aren't quite right for the second panel.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
That is awesome.

Does anyone else have a hard time placing the freedom panels in their bag? The passenger panel barely fits with I zip it up and it feels like the styrofoam slots aren't quite right for the second panel.
It is hard to put them in after you fold it up and tie it up .

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My panels fit close and it has no room once zipped up but they do fit well, I am never in a rush to get them put in the bag and if something does not seem right I stop and look to see what the problem is

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Never will my bag be considered a loose fit around the Freedom Panels but I do find that in the video, just prior to zipping the bag, that grabbing the bag buy the two handles and orienting the bag vertically outside the vehicle, with the handles closer to the sky, allows gravity to get those panels as far into the bag as possible, making zipping--which I sometimes do in this vertical position--easier.
I agree, thats how I've been doing it.
Sponsored