First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Anyone running these? I gave my Metalcloak inhouse brand shocks a couple thousand miles and it is time to move on. They are too floaty for me if that makes sense. Anyway, I havent heard much about these but the guys over at Accutune suggested these based on my budget and needs. I have Falcon 3.3's on my other Jeep and they are way too stiff for my liking. Thoughts? Fox 885-24-183 and 184

Jeep Wrangler JL FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks 1628636260289
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running these? I gave my Metalcloak inhouse brand shocks a couple thousand miles and it is time to move on. They are too floaty for me if that makes sense. Anyway, I havent heard much about these but the guys over at Accutune suggested these based on my budget and needs. I have Falcon 3.3's on my other Jeep and they are way too stiff for my liking. Thoughts? Fox 885-24-183 and 184

Jeep Wrangler JL FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks 1628636260289
The folks at Accutune are a very safe bet for putting your trust in their hands. If you haven't already, talk to them about getting a set of those shocks custom tuned to your specific Jeeps setup.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I was considering the 2.0 RRs but ended up going with the Fox 2.5s and I cannot recommend them enough. The adjusters are very responsive and they handle everything including high speed offroading, rock crawling and daily driver duty.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I was considering the 2.0 RRs but ended up going with the Fox 2.5s and I cannot recommend them enough. The adjusters are very responsive and they handle everything including high speed offroading, rock crawling and daily driver duty.
The 2.5s are a great option for a more active off-roader looking for a high end shock option. For the budget conscious and someone looking for the smoothest street ride... the Fox 2.0 PS is a great option.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I have same issue with the Falcon's. Love how they look but rears are way too stiff. I ensured they are on soft setting (shaft and adjusters) and Jeep still donkey kicks in rear. It feels like a 1 ton truck driving down freeway. The fronts actually feel ok, just can't handle the rears. Let me know what you decide, I was looking at the Fox's as well. Thanks,

Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I just installed accutuneā€™s adventure tune and they ride pretty well. Not harsh at all. I donā€™t have many miles on them yet, mostly street with one trail ride. Had no issues. Donā€™t know how theyā€™ll handle high speed desert stuff yet.
I can see possibly wanting adjustability in them at some point tho.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.

1628636260289.png
I bet you do not have your falcons tuned properly. I had the same issue. I bought the shocks while on a trip in Utah and installed them myself. I needed to get back on the trail so I didn't really absorb the info.

You need to disconnect the bottom shock and let it extend all the way out. Then pull on it to make sure it's fully extended. Turn the bottom mount (and shaft toward the "sport" setting. (Counterclockwise). You should feel the pin grab the internal adjuster. Then without letting the shaft turn back the opposite direction, reinstall the shock back into the bottom mount. (Easiest to drop the axle because the shock is very hard to push in by hand). If you do not do this, the shock is in "performance" mode and is the stiffest setting and the adjuster does not work. It's like being in 3 setting the whole time. I did this on the trail to test it on the same terrain. It was night and day. Tereflex says most people like the 2.4 setting for street, the 1 for off road.

Best of luck

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
@SG19JLUR Likes his paired up with RK springs.

timannnn6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I bet you do not have your falcons tuned properly. I had the same issue. I bought the shocks while on a trip in Utah and installed them myself. I needed to get back on the trail so I didn't really absorb the info.

You need to disconnect the bottom shock and let it extend all the way out. Then pull on it to make sure it's fully extended. Turn the bottom mount (and shaft toward the "sport" setting. (Counterclockwise). You should feel the pin grab the internal adjuster. Then without letting the shaft turn back the opposite direction, reinstall the shock back into the bottom mount. (Easiest to drop the axle because the shock is very hard to push in by hand). If you do not do this, the shock is in "performance" mode and is the stiffest setting and the adjuster does not work. It's like being in 3 setting the whole time. I did this on the trail to test it on the same terrain. It was night and day. Tereflex says most people like the 2.4 setting for street, the 1 for off road.

Best of luck
This makes more sense than anything I've read. I will test it this weekend. Seems that the shaft has to maybe drop into a recess to turn the adjuster?? thanks for the info.

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
This makes more sense than anything I've read. I will test it this weekend. Seems that the shaft has to maybe drop into a recess to turn the adjuster?? thanks for the info.
Yes. It's actually a really cool design. They have like an internal bypass. Make sure you pull down to extend the full travel otherwise you are just free spinning.

InMyImage

First Name
Bill & Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU

Best of luck
Iā€™m looking at the Falconā€™s for my daughterā€™s JLU Rubicon. Which Falcon model do you have?

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR

Best of luck
Ya know, this is/would be, good to know when installing! lol
I never saw this info, and have ran my 3.3s on every setting not seeing a difference in ANY of them!
Sponsored