Sponsored

Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback?

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger on a set of Fox 2.0 Performance series reservoir shocks - 2-3" lift height during black friday sale.
I am worried a bit due to non existence of reviews for this shock in the forum. Seems like most folks either opt for the Fox 2.0 IFP or directly go to the Fox 2.5 DSCs. This red headed middle child seems to not have any love or attention from folks :)

They arrive in 3 weeks...Before I become a test guinea pig when put them on in my 4xe, I wanted to check if there are existing users in the forum who have run these shocks and what to expect from it. I ran Fox 2.0 IFP in my previous jeep for over 50,000 happy kms and I liked the ride quality on those shocks. Is the RR version going to be more floaty? or more stiff compared to IFPs?

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback? 1701717939898
Sponsored

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
I have them on my 392JLU. I got mine from Accutune and had them tuned to the vehicle which I thought might be important since mine is at 392 and a little heavier than the typical wrangler. From what I understand the stock tune right out of the box is near perfect fo a normal wrangler JLU. I am running the metal cloak 3 1/2 inch lift so my shocks are probably a tad longer than yours. I think mine extend to 28 1/2 inches, maybe 29 1/2 inches I would have to go back and check.

I have been very very happy with the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. I think they're the best shock for the money. The 2.5's are a better shock but to tell you the truth I've been very happy with mine so far. I have driven it as a daily driver, and on the Rubicon and a few other off-road excursions. Can't complain about anything.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have them on my 392JLU. I got mine from Accutune and had them tuned to the vehicle which I thought might be important since mine is at 392 and a little heavier than the typical wrangler. From what I understand the stock tune right out of the box is near perfect fo a normal wrangler JLU. I am running the metal cloak 3 1/2 inch lift so my shocks are probably a tad longer than yours. I think mine extend to 28 1/2 inches, maybe 29 1/2 inches I would have to go back and check.

I have been very very happy with the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. I think they're the best shock for the money. The 2.5's are a better shock but to tell you the truth I've been very happy with mine so far. I have driven it as a daily driver, and on the Rubicon and a few other off-road excursions. Can't complain about anything.
I don't have the accutune version so I'm a bit skeptical how it's going to ride. Was yours stiffer than stock 392 shocks?
If it's too much of body roll, i might have to send it to accutune for tuning while running stock shocks till they get it back to me

ROK HEMI

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392XR
Accutune did not give me the specifics of their tuning parameters, but I can tell you I am very very happy with the ride quality of the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. Body roll is more controlled by sway bars, then shocks I believe. I don't notice any difference in body roll. The vehicle drives pretty flat on the road given it has front and rear sway bars.

Again, I believe the stock valving on the 2.0 reservoir shock is very well-suited to all wranglers except for the 392, and it probably be fine on the 392 as well really. I would put them on and drive it and see what you think. I am betting you like it a lot.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Accutune did not give me the specifics of their tuning parameters, but I can tell you I am very very happy with the ride quality of the fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. Body roll is more controlled by sway bars, then shocks I believe. I don't notice any difference in body roll. The vehicle drives pretty flat on the road given it has front and rear sway bars.

Again, I believe the stock valving on the 2.0 reservoir shock is very well-suited to all wranglers except for the 392, and it probably be fine on the 392 as well really. I would put them on and drive it and see what you think. I am betting you like it a lot.
Yeah I'd have to wait and see how it turns out. If they did just as good on the 4xe as 2.0 IFPs on my previous 2020 3.6 v6 JLU.. That's a good baseline for me.

I went for the remote reservoir mainly due to the extra weight of the 4xe and worried if the IFPs will fade quicker on the trail.

Sponsored

ScottW511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 392
I also put Accutune Fox 2.0 RR's on my 392 with a Metalcloak 2.5 lift. So far I'm happy with the ride quality, it doesn't feel stiff or floaty. Just a good ride that soaks up a certain set of freeway expansion joints much better than stock did. I only got them installed a few days ago but I've done some rough dirt roads and they felt good. With the 4xe being heavy I wonder if you might find them a bit under damped but they are tuneable and rebuildable

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also put Accutune Fox 2.0 RR's on my 392 with a Metalcloak 2.5 lift. So far I'm happy with the ride quality, it doesn't feel stiff or floaty. Just a good ride that soaks up a certain set of freeway expansion joints much better than stock did. I only got them installed a few days ago but I've done some rough dirt roads and they felt good. With the 4xe being heavy I wonder if you might find them a bit under damped but they are tuneable and rebuildable
Under dampened = stiff?

I didn't get accutune version, this is straight from Fox... That's why I'm worried about it.
I can actually live with slightly stiff but if the default factory tune is too floaty on the 4xe then I'd regret the decision and have to send it for tune to fix it.. Not sure if @AccuTunedJL will work on shocks that were bought straight from Fox directly

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Under dampened = stiff?

I didn't get accutune version, this is straight from Fox... That's why I'm worried about it.
I can actually live with slightly stiff but if the default factory tune is too floaty on the 4xe then I'd regret the decision and have to send it for tune to fix it.. Not sure if @AccuTunedJL will work on shocks that were bought straight from Fox directly
We sure can! Send over a message and I can help answer any questions you may have.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
Under dampened = stiff?

Accutune will tune them even if you bought somewhere else.

Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
I pulled the trigger on a set of Fox 2.0 Performance series reservoir shocks - 2-3" lift height during black friday sale.
I am worried a bit due to non existence of reviews for this shock in the forum. Seems like most folks either opt for the Fox 2.0 IFP or directly go to the Fox 2.5 DSCs. This red headed middle child seems to not have any love or attention from folks :)

They arrive in 3 weeks...Before I become a test guinea pig when put them on in my 4xe, I wanted to check if there are existing users in the forum who have run these shocks and what to expect from it. I ran Fox 2.0 IFP in my previous jeep for over 50,000 happy kms and I liked the ride quality on those shocks. Is the RR version going to be more floaty? or more stiff compared to IFPs?

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback? 1701717939898
I run the Fox 2.5 with the Accutune Duel Sport Tune on my 4xe. Probably a little firm for most people on the street, but to me this is how I think a modified Wrangler should ride. I am about 6200#, rear is about 40# heavier than front.

My installer provided the shocks, after the build I weighed it and he sent the shocks off to be tuned.

My wife has a stock 4XE Rubicon. I am considering the Fox 2.0 setup like like you are doing. I am curious how it works out for you.

Thanks

markw365

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Clubs

Accutune is local to me, went over and talked to them at the beginning of the month and we went with the 2.0 performance series also. Jeep is a 2021 XR Rubicon and I'm putting on a 2.5" Clayton lift. They were waiting on front shocks from Fox which were supposed to be here tomorrow, got a call this morning, christmas came early. Picked them up at lunch today. I'll toss them on in the morning.

markw365

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Clubs

Ok, suspension is on! Night and day compared to stock. Ride is great, did the "Adventure Tune". For those with the XR and the unbearable bumpstops I also did fox bump stops to give the jeep some up travel. There is a coolant pump on the drivers side for I think the e-torque battery, limiting the adjustment on the stop, but that can be made up with varying puck heights at the axle. The jeep rides great and did great offroad last week when we took it out to Anza.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback? IMG_6981.JPG

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback? 1708495522351-
Jeep Wrangler JL Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir Shocks - Any existing user feedback? 1708495546877-

I was skeptical to pay additional penny for Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks instead of monotube. This is truly the star of the show ⭐!!! What an improvement in ride quality, stability in cross winds at highway speed, the right amount of firmness at cornering. Overall a huge upgrade at least on road compared to the Fox 2.0 monotubes on my previous Jeep. Drove 500kms over the weekend on highway speeds of 70mph (return journey was in pouring rain and wind gusts) - the jeep drove planted and tracking straight with no observable body roll or shimmy in cross winds at that speed. The larger bumps are soaked in super buttery smooth.. the very minor imperfections on the road seem to be felt as feedback but not as actual vibration on steering (hard to explain), but that firmness is a good thing rather than being smooth on minor imperfections but be super floaty on everything else.

I did add rear track bar riser bracket as part of my lift, not sure how much of the body roll reduction is attributable to the shock vs the bracket. Super happy with how it rides! For the weight of the 4xe, this is a plush yet good rebound ride - unlike the stock rubicon shocks which bottomed out often on the trail due to the added weight making it dip, kiss and then gander up every time I drop off a ledge or roll the tire over a boulder and down.

I will update back after some trail time with the new setup.

OP
OP
GrayWolf.Overland

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have decent amount of trail time on the shock and my o my, off-road is where it really does well. After break in and extensive use, the firmness on road is a lot less compared to first 500kms but I was already used to the cadillac/floaty effect on Fox so not a big deal. Off-road this thing is phenomenal. I am able to go 55-60km/hr on wasboards without fuss and it just soaks up everything the trail throws at it.. I haven't hit bump stop yet, I really tried to push it on severely poy holed fire roads, its dealing with it like there is no tomorrow.

On slow crawls, I do not have that full compress dropping from a ledge as I had on rubicon red shocks. It does land cushy/smooth but rebounds/recovers fast enough to not drag the ass (bumper) on the way out of the obstacle.
Sponsored