FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks

stingGreyNJ

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2013 JK (gone)
Hmm.. I wonder if I have this problem too. I think my setup is very stiff. Time to play between 1 & 3 and see if I can be sure there's a difference.
Sponsored

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks 1708495522351-
Jeep Wrangler JL FOX 2.0 Reservoir Shocks 1708495546877-

I was skeptical to pay additional penny for Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks instead of monotube. This is truly the star of the show ⭐!!! What an improvement in ride quality, stability in cross winds at highway speed, the right amount of firmness at cornering. Overall a huge upgrade at least on road compared to the Fox 2.0 monotubes on my previous Jeep. Drove 500kms over the weekend on highway speeds of 70mph (return journey was in pouring rain and wind gusts) - the jeep drove planted and tracking straight with no observable body roll or shimmy in cross winds at that speed. The larger bumps are soaked in super buttery smooth.. the very minor imperfections on the road seem to be felt as feedback but not as actual vibration on steering (hard to explain), but that firmness is a good thing rather than being smooth on minor imperfections but be super floaty on everything else.

I did add rear track bar riser bracket as part of my lift, not sure how much of the body roll reduction is attributable to the shock vs the bracket. Super happy with how it rides! For the weight of the 4xe, this is a plush yet good rebound ride - unlike the stock rubicon shocks which bottomed out often on the trail due to the added weight making it dip, kiss and then gander up every time I drop off a ledge or roll the tire over a boulder and down.

I will update back after some trail time with the new setup.
Sponsored