Sponsored

Florida Roll Call!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
We went in the other end of the forest this weekend. Less jeepers in there, as there’s only one obstacle, and it requires winching.

As we were on our way out, the wife said let’s take 16 out, we haven’t been on that trail for a while. About a half mile in we came up on a guy and his son buried up to the axle in sugar sand. The son said they been there for 2 hours and hadn’t seen a sole. Timing, fate, whatever you wanna call it, blows my mind sometimes. He also told my wife that they were afraid we weren’t going to stop because of the virus..... wow,,, that’s the world we live in now I guess. She reassured him that we always stop.
Wow! They were real lucky that you decided to take 16 out. lol
I'm was thinking of buying a winch this week, and seeing your pics has pretty much made up my mind. :like:
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! They were real lucky that you decided to take 16 out. lol
I'm was thinking of buying a winch this week, and seeing your pics has pretty much made up my mind. :like:
It was something I wanted, even if I never used it. We go out by ourselves a lot so it’s really reassuring knowing it’s there. Now I’ve got 13 recoveries on it, used it to pull a tree the right direction while I cut it down, and used it to stretch our wire fence on our extra property. It has paid for itself by a long shot, lol.

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anybody wanna roll this Saturday?
Im gonna hold off till after the current situation settles down. but looking forward to getting back on the trails. Had to cancel my cross country Moab trip. Moab is closed to visitors believe it or not. thats fine gives me more time for MODS

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im gonna hold off till after the current situation settles down. but looking forward to getting back on the trails. Had to cancel my cross country Moab trip. Moab is closed to visitors believe it or not. thats fine gives me more time for MODS
Did you get your lift on?

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Today I installed Rough Country's front Adjustable Lower Control Arms and front Adjustable Track Bar. I had recently added an extra1/2" spacer lift all the way around (I already had 2" up front, and 1.5" out back), taller bump stops, and Teraflex shock extensions. With the taller amount of lift, I was starting to get concerned about the loss of caster, and my front axle was also off center about 1/2".

Everything is squared away now! The front axle is back where it belongs, and it looks like my caster is right around 6 degrees. I will say that the Jeep was tracking 'okay' before these latest upgrades, but its definitely better now. I purposely did one upgrade at a time so that I could gauge what mod made the most difference. In this particular case, the heavy duty RC front adjustable track bar really makes a difference. It's hard to describe, but the Jeep just feels more solid and grounded to the road.

A special shout out to @Roky for all his help. We must have exchanged 100 texts or more over the past week or two. Roky is The Jeep Suspension Whisperer...:). Thanks buddy!

IMG_20200410_102701.jpg

IMG_20200410_130417.jpg

IMG_20200410_143843.jpg

IMG_20200410_161109.jpg

IMG_20200410_143856.jpg

IMG_20200410_165055.jpg

Screenshot_20200410-185731.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed Rough Country's front Adjustable Lower Control Arms and front Adjustable Track Bar. I had recently added an extra1/2" spacer lift all the way around (I already had 2" up front, and 1.5" out back), taller bump stops, and Teraflex shock extensions. With the taller amount of lift, I was starting to get concerned about the loss of caster, and my front axle was also off center about 1/2".

Everything is squared away now! The front axle is back where it belongs, and it looks like my caster is right around 6 degrees. I will say that the Jeep was tracking 'okay' before these latest upgrades, but its definitely better now. I purposely did one upgrade at a time so that I could gauge what mod made the most difference. In this particular case, the heavy duty RC front adjustable track bar really makes a difference. It's hard to describe, but the Jeep just feels more solid and grounded to the road.

A special shout out to @Roky for all his help. We must have exchanged 100 texts or more over the past week or two. Roky is The Jeep Suspension Whisperer...:). Thanks buddy!

IMG_20200410_102701.jpg

IMG_20200410_130417.jpg

IMG_20200410_143843.jpg

IMG_20200410_161109.jpg

IMG_20200410_143856.jpg

IMG_20200410_165055.jpg

Screenshot_20200410-185731.png
no problem, anytime ......rigs looking good.

Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
It was something I wanted, even if I never used it. We go out by ourselves a lot so it’s really reassuring knowing it’s there. Now I’ve got 13 recoveries on it, used it to pull a tree the right direction while I cut it down, and used it to stretch our wire fence on our extra property. It has paid for itself by a long shot, lol.
Yeah well, I have used mine for more landscaping than recovery. Need to fix that soon but they have me running all over the place keeping places certified right now. Thought I was going to work from home this coming week, Got the email yesterday I will be in Memphis most all week. At least I am working/paying for toys so I can't complain. Keep posting pics of your outings cause they give me hope of getting on a trail soon.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah well, I have used mine for more landscaping than recovery. Need to fix that soon but they have me running all over the place keeping places certified right now. Thought I was going to work from home this coming week, Got the email yesterday I will be in Memphis most all week. At least I am working/paying for toys so I can't complain. Keep posting pics of your outings cause they give me hope of getting on a trail soon.
Stay safe out there my friend........:jk:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like muddy trails for this weekend.....:clap:. as you can see by the scowl, the rig was not happy there wasn’t any mud last week......:facepalm:

88B79455-B511-406A-A1D2-74A3C3F909CC.jpeg

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304

IMG_20200410_165055.jpg
If you didn't during install, Check your clearance at full tuck. My yeti bar clamps needed to turned a bit to clear hoses and such. I have slept since the install so I can't remember what had me worried.
Your rig is looking great and I have no doubts more capable Have fun out there and stay safe.
Andy.
Sponsored