Florida Roll Call!

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Okay cool. Im down for some wheeling and fun, i only have 600 miles on mine so not quite ready for scratches yet. I want to get something else to beat the crap out of.
I'll be honest here. I'm looking for Clean (no damage) fun also. Still have too many payments to make myself. I daily the hell out of mine. Key thing always is be comfortable with the situation/what you are doing any time you wheel. No offense to anyone but If it gets too hairy, I am man enough to admit I can't or won't. I learned a long time ago to push limits but never break them.

A good coat of wax will help with any limbs that happen to touch.

I am not familiar with the trails but with 80 miles or so, Think we can find something to suit us all. The key thing is to have fun.
Sponsored

Ran4

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
I'll be honest here. I'm looking for Clean (no damage) fun also. Still have too many payments to make myself. I daily the hell out of mine. Key thing always is be comfortable with the situation/what you are doing any time you wheel. No offense to anyone but If it gets too hairy, I am man enough to admit I can't or won't. I learned a long time ago to push limits but never break them.

A good coat of wax will help with any limbs that happen to touch.

I am not familiar with the trails but with 80 miles or so, Think we can find something to suit us all. The key thing is to have fun.
I could not agree more, Andy. Well said..

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry Guys, I won't be able to make this trip. :( I will have family visiting and staying with us for the holidays. My Wife would not be too happy if I left her alone for a couple of days with the in-laws. lol.

I want to wish all of you Happy Holidays!!!!

p.s.; I'm expecting to see some pics posted here of the trip! ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
You will be fine. Narrow trails are marked. Off-road is off-road. If we begin down a trail and it gets super narrow we will adjust fire.
Morton, please count me in too. Not sure if I can do it yet, but I would like to keep my options open. Hooah!

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
960F17B8-9BB2-414C-B47B-BC41CA239F54.png

@Gator Jeep 1 @PhotoGuy @Redneck_Jedi @Scarabmike
@Roky @X99104
@AlrightAlready @OrlandoJL
@FallenSamurai @DK21
@Bearded_Dragon @Javikid
@Beach Jeeper @oceanblue2019
@Mark Elliott @Khsonic03
@PaPasJP @JC7
@Jondrew @Drytellsr
@Du0377 @Goblue

If anyone is interested (including anyone I may have left out) I will be planning a Wheelin’ trip for Saturday, Dec 28th.

More details to come tonight. Please RSVP by mentioning @MORTON so I can get a head count in case I need to get a permit.

It will be a great time for us all to get together.

Kids/Wives friendly so that’s cool too.

One day ordeal, go Wheelin’ maybe grab some chow and split. Would be beginning in the AM.

Happy Holidays!
@MORTON RSVP: Me and the wife will be there! just give us a time and place to meet up.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Let’s make the Florida section the most active fun group!

Any ideas on a cheap 2-way radio on Amazon? I don’t have a CB yet and don’t have the time right now to deal with it..
Are you looking for some commo for this trip to Ocala? I have 3 Hand Held CB radios I can bring, They're not the best but they will do for our purpose.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@MORTON RSVP: Me and the wife will be there! just give us a time and place to meet up.
I may be able to actually sit down tonight and get it done finally haha

Very soon either way! I've got most of it already done.

Stay tuned!

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking for some commo for this trip to Ocala? I have 3 Hand Held CB radios I can bring, They're not the best but they will do for our purpose.
Bring what you got broski!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow I am going to work quite a bit on the trail run particulars. I will be posting here when complete so please stay tuned if you’re the least bit interested. I really hope to see you all there as it’s great to get together, meet new people in our Jeep community!

IN THE MEANTIME I need you all to do us ALL a favor. It only takes one email to FCA Jeep BOH team. If we want trails added in our state it will take more than just me to get it done.

After speaking with a representative from FCA the way it works is the more people who request it the higher the priority becomes.

So without further, have you, your spouse, your friends, whoever send the below information (copy/paste) to the following email address. Let’s get a Jeep BOH in our backyard!!!

[email protected]

Copy/paste into your email below info:

a. Trail Name: TREAD LIGHTLY
b. Trail Location: OCALA NATIONAL FOREST, FLORIDA
c. Difficulty Rating: 4-5
d. Brief Description: 81-mile trail system
e. Long Description: An 81 mile trail system of forest roads dubbed the Tread Lightly Trail. The forest is located north of Orlando and is the southernmost national forest in the US.
f. Seasons/Months the trail is open: All year
g. GPS Coordinates: 29.1669° N, 81.7915° W
h. Local Office/Trail Head: N/A / Multiple Trail Heads
i. Phone Number: 1-877-444-6777
j. Link to Website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/ocala/recreation/ohv/?recid=32295&actid=94
k. Websites for info:
https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html?minx=-9184145&miny=3349031&maxx=-8978682&maxy=3461547

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd610383.pdf

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/ocala/maps-pubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@MORTON, I'll be there. Thanks for putting it all together. If we end up using FRS radios, I think I might have a couple of those..
No problem broski! Bring what you can!!

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Please DO NOT quote this post so that nobody gets confused. If you want to add just mention me. Thank you!

**OFFICIAL POST FOR 2019 HOLIDAY TRAIL RUN**

WHO: ANYONE (FAMILY / KID FRIENDLY)
WHAT: 2019 HOLIDAY TRAIL RUN
WHEN: 0800-0900 on Saturday, Dec. 28th 2019
WHERE: Withlacoochee State Forest

Maps of the trails will be provided by @Roky upon arrival.

4431 S Pleasant Grove Rd
Inverness, FL 34452

**I have also attached a map as a PDF (at the bottom of this post) as well incase anyone would like to print it off before arriving.

CITRUS TRAIL MAP.jpg

65E11050-2824-4FC9-8CBD-D929F6AD6D8F.jpeg
D6D91B71-3DF5-4443-B662-FF2F7414AEE0.jpeg
7DB8A59E-9078-441A-8F55-AF2D429957AC.jpeg
E2AD80E1-2AC4-453E-9092-0B150804EAA0.jpeg
36A9A694-D023-4ADB-B4EA-403D2CB7AB11.jpeg
197C6A87-4E1B-49E0-8EBA-1A654C1C1B59.jpeg

WHAT TO BRING:
  • Food & Drink
  • Toilet paper
  • Trash bag or Rubi Sack
  • CB or 2-way handheld radio
  • Recovery gear (some have the gear we need so if you don’t have it don’t buy it)
  • Be sure to fuel up

@Scarabmike @Roky @X99104@OrlandoJL@Drytellsr @Ran4 @700r @Wabujitsu @msims51 @MORTON

A note for those who may be inexperienced:

We are out there to have fun. If you do not feel comfortable in the technical portions of the trails there are bypasses. There is absolutely no shame in choosing to take a bypass.

On the other hand, there will plenty of eyes on you & your rig, what better way to get out of your comfort zone and attempt if you feel you want to. You will be surrounded by people who know what to do and will guide you and give you direction. We will ensure you will be fine, it’s all about having fun.

*Reminder about trash:

The Jeep family motto is to leave every trail cleaner than when you arrived. Let’s keep that in mind while Wheelin’ or chillin’ on the trails. If you see trash pick it up. If you do not have a trash bag or forget to bring some we will have you covered.

**This post is the official post for the holiday trail run and will be updated often.

Stay tuned!
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: