Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
According to the USDA website on the trail, it's open to Jeeps specifically.

Screenshot_20200702-055821_Chrome.jpg
Even if it is open, which I don’t think it is, you’re gonna scratch the hell out of your rig. Maybe that’s not a big deal to you, I don’t know, but we were up there in December and even the trails marked for Jeeps, we had branches literally coming through the side windows. Just not worth it to me to purposely scratch my rig up. Don’t get me wrong, I have some pinstripes, and I’m ok with it accidentally happening, but to do it deliberate for a badge....... no thanks!...... Just saying.......
Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
11th or the 18th are both possibilities for me. I have nothing solid yet from preventing me from showing up. I am waiting on a call from an RV dealership for when my new RV will show up and I have to drive up to get it so that is the only thing standing in the way. you guys pick a day and if i'm not on the road getting my RV, I'll be with you guys.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if it is open, which I don’t think it is, you’re gonna scratch the hell out of your rig. Maybe that’s not a big deal to you, I don’t know, but we were up there in December and even the trails marked for Jeeps, we had branches literally coming through the side windows. Just not worth it to me to purposely scratch my rig up. Don’t get me wrong, I have some pinstripes, and I’m ok with it accidentally happening, but to do it deliberate for a badge....... no thanks!...... Just saying.......
Well from what i see, The trails that Roky took us on and the days spent at withlahooochiecooochie forest makes for a much better ride and event then just some firebreaks trails in Ocala. At first I thought it would be cool to earn a badge in Florida but the trail really doesn't look like anything to brag about. I lost interest in the BOH trail in Ocala. Not doing it just for the Badge. I would rather have a good time with some good people.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To earn the BOH in Ocala, do you have to do the entire 81 miles of the TLFWDW system?
I think you can check in when your within so many miles of the trail head. After you successfully check in then you can claim your badge. So as your cruising down 441 do your check in as you pass it by. Sorry bro i just had to go there. Actually, you will only earn one badge for the first time you check in and claim it. you should drive some of it and you probably wont get all 81 mile in one day, you don't have to. you can return and check in as many times as you like and all you'll get is bragging points on the app. in short. you don't have to do the entire 81 miles but you should get on the trail and Run some of it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a premium top laying around they don't want?. lol
I traded mine away for a hardtop and kind of regret it. .. not sure if I should trade someone again or just buy one .. I really don't want to take up the space to store the hardtop..ughh. I need help haha

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Hey Poynter - I'm in the same boat. Just moved to Bradenton area (literally moved in the house Tuesday) and will be looking for local Jeepers, trails and get togethers. I know @Wabujitsu is local and will be my guide once I get settled in some.
Welcome to the area man. let me know if you hear anything and I’ll do the same. You can send me a PM.

Poyntne, as Buck mentioned, I live in Sarasota, east of town by Myakka River State Park. Welcome to the area!

There are two places, one in North Port, and one small place close to us. Private message me and I will tell you how to get there. It is very close to I-75, just off of SR 70.
Thank you. I’ll hit you up.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To earn the BOH in Ocala, do you have to do the entire 81 miles of the TLFWDW system?
I saw the BOH that the pin is in the middle of the state park so as long as you are within a certain radius you can checkin and get the badge.

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is 18 th a possibility for you? If not , no biggie we can still shoot the 11th, the 12 th, Sunday would be less busy if that’s an option? The wife and I found another spot, it’s really cool but not much of it, could get crowded.

FEE341D6-73AF-434F-92A0-959973187C8A.jpeg
B0564189-FFDB-44E6-9F86-60B346FEFD35.jpeg
2E7A0644-2BED-4144-9B8E-60FFBC9C0517.jpeg
AE998747-29D1-40D6-85AD-6404871E7556.jpeg
84F21D91-3943-47DC-B7EC-1EF7C174BFA2.jpeg
52A85D69-E906-4AAE-8554-ED07F11C897E.jpeg
6424405A-92B0-4095-B649-BE248B0894EC.jpeg
I’d love to go anytime you guys go out. I like the idea of a Sunday the 12th as well. But if it has to be Saturday for most people that works too.

Sponsored

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me start be sayin I personally have never been to the trail but from the research I have done I have seen both a very narrow trail like you have said and what you can see in the video below, but also some that is a decent trail like other parts of the video and the picture below that I saw on a post on Florida Trail Stompers facebook page. Trails like this is one of the reasons I had my entire Jeep wrapped in Paint Protection Film.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! A49E1AA8-59BA-4F20-A999-379FC886E04C
Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 791EF7F1-8F00-4437-B2C3-A4519BCC6E19
Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 9BAAAAE8-A8EA-4FAF-9FE6-84C39E3C0780

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
I’m definitely gonna hook up with all you guys one of these weekends. The 11th for me is no good and the 18 is a slight possibility. Sadly I won’t know till almost the day before.

OrlandoJL

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!
We still up for a ride the 11th? 9am meet up like usual?