Sponsored

fixed wobble and fixed wandering, finally!!

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
Notice he only adjusted toe in and the drag link... nothing else. Probably charged you 100$ too..
That’s all he had to do cost me 89. Now I don’t expirence the shimmy, the tightness. That’s my point though. Just even one thing being out of balance will wreck the entire setup. Wear out ball joints bushings etc... everything on that sheet was adjust a degree or a few more meaning it’s does get out of whack after a lift is put on. I wheel and daily drive. That’s how mine was adjusted if yours wasn’t cool good for you. When u lift a Jeep without adjustable control arm the axle move toward center on Jeep common sense. This worked for me. That’s all. Just sharing

DirtRoad1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU SPORT
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
It was worth it. For all these people that are dealing with steering issues, spend Some money figure out ur rig and dial it in. The dealership isnt going to they’re not an off-road shop.

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I spent a couple hundred having things fixed when I got mine, including a full alignment (mine was way out), and I was glad to do it.

I don’t have that surplus of free time for the dealership back-and-forth that some people seem to enjoy. Don’t need to save a buck that badly yet. The savings in time and aggravation is worth the money to me.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Not so hard to figure out. Wandering is alignment, wobble is the stabilizer.

Sponsored

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Just got mine out of the shop from the T/B bracket recall. I mentioned about the jeep wandering when I dropped it off and they performed an alignment (the second one-first one at another dealer) and it has seemed to help some. Its still a little wishy washy though but drives pretty good. I've got a Fox S/S on pre order and its supose to ship this Friday. I'm hopefull that will make a little bit of difference and I'll be happy. If not I'm not sure what to do next.

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had the falcon ss and tire balance done first which helped with the wobble and this week I had the alignment and the track bar brace which made a huge improvement on it's handling. Overall I'm happy that I'm not wasting anymore time on this issue. Only thing left is to bring it to the dealership and have it flashed for the steering locking up while driving.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I had the falcon ss and tire balance done first which helped with the wobble and this week I had the alignment and the track bar brace which made a huge improvement on it's handling. Overall I'm happy that I'm not wasting anymore time on this issue. Only thing left is to bring it to the dealership and have it flashed for the steering locking up while driving.
I'm happy to read you got your steering issues resolved. Money well spent in my book! :like:

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
The hand written .5Âş ball joint note is interesting. Wonder if the alignment shop used eccentric ball joints to get that very small change in camber noted on the front end or if that's just due to the small adjustment in toe.
Dude! I know ! I was thinking the same thing!

nicktulloh

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Had the wobble issue when going over expansion joints or any bumps, also had drivability issue with the jeep wandering and poor handling. Brought my car to 4x4 located in lake hopactong and spoke to the owner Andrew. He checked over my vehicle and found my tires out of balance and my alignment way off!! I also had him install the teraflex 2.1 non adjustable steering stabilizer and rusty's track bar support. Jeep rides amazing with zero issues. It tracks straight and feels like a better than new vehicle
How many miles did you have?

Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Oh and ill add to this... the SS is likely not the fix. When they changed geometry went to aluminum knuckles they perhaps missed something. This symptom should NEVER be happening on a new truck. And now you have @Kevin8086 reporting same. Now he’s running 38’s , fair enough, but a new truck no way! The bushings etc will still be finez. Ive ridden in SFA with no stabilizer at all and still run ok. I wouldnt want to put a lot of highway miles on it but no shimmy.

lak56

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Had the wobble issue when going over expansion joints or any bumps, also had drivability issue with the jeep wandering and poor handling. Brought my car to 4x4 located in lake hopactong and spoke to the owner Andrew. He checked over my vehicle and found my tires out of balance and my alignment way off!! I also had him install the teraflex 2.1 non adjustable steering stabilizer and rusty's track bar support. Jeep rides amazing with zero issues. It tracks straight and feels like a better than new vehicle
I honestly think all of the dealerships are just winging it on this problem. I took mine into Kelly Jeep in Emmaus and the technician claimed it was a problem with the electronic system. They did a "complete vehicle reset," whatever that means. Not hopeful, but will try it out. At the very least, it will be 1st attempt under PA Lemon Law.

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
How many miles did you have?

It started at 4000 miles as a light shimmy in the wheels but no steering shake and it progressively got worse over the next couple thousand miles to the point that the steering wheel would shake. I had over ten vehicles purchased new and this was the only one that had major issues

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Do y’all have a shimmy or a wobble? This is actual death wobble. Not a little shimmy

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I added a metalcloak stabilizer and it’s 95% good which is silly. You can literally see everything deflecting
Sponsored