Death Wobble Fixed...for free???

IARedSahara

First Name
John & Danyale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Sahara
I just took my jeep in for the recall on the steering damper as well. I was having no issues but figured I would just get it replaced. However, after the recall service I started to get the death wobbles. Ironic that a recall to prevent the death wobble actually caused it. I went and inspected and they had also installed my steering damper upside down with the "front of vehicle" arrow pointing to the rear. Took it back in today and they confirmed it was installed incorrectly and upside down. It seems like the death wobble is gone
Got the recall letter and brought the wife's 2018 Sshara in for an oil change and the fix even though she had never had a wobble event. 4 days later she calls after the Jeep has a wobble. Nice fix Jeep.
Sponsored

IARedSahara

First Name
John & Danyale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JL Sahara
Got the recall letter and brought the wife's 2018 Sshara in for an oil change and the fix even though she had never had a wobble event. 4 days later she calls after the Jeep has a wobble. Nice fix Jeep.
Wife had another wobble event this time with the kids at interstate speed in traffic! After reading other readers posts thought maybe it was connected to tire rotation but not the case read some more and went out to see if they installed new stabilizer backwards......they did! How difficult is it to read the sticker that says with an arrow "Front of vehicle"???? I'll call dealer Monday.

20190915_123900.jpg