Steersmarts fixed my Death Wobble

neonpoke

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 M3
I'm on a 2.5" ICON suspension lift on 37's and had massive grand mal seizure death wobble. I upgraded to a Rusty's HD track bar. Pushed out caster to 6.4, re-torqued everything, then re-torqued everything again. Still couldn't shake the death wobble (pun intended).

Came across @Kevin8086's video and decided to buy the Steersmart's track bar, drag link, and tie rod. Threw them on and she rides like a dream. No death wobble, minimal bump steer, drives better than new and... I don't even have a steering stabilizer :dance:

IMHO I suspect the stock track bar and drag link were the culprits. They're just way too weak to support lifted JL geometry and weight of the 37's. I'm not suggesting this is the fix for all, but it worked for me. I know many (including FCA) are looking to steering stabilizers as the solution, and perhaps those things will work for your setup. I personally think the issue is deeper than that...

Sponsored

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
Haven't had any DW yet, but if I do, this looks like the right fix.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Was the drag link you purchased an under mount or an overmount?

Trail seeker

First Name
Stéphane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2018
Thanks for your post. I did the full setup today! Can you send a picture of your setup? I have the FAD skid by MC with a 2.5 Game Changer lift also by MC on 35. The dealership told me that he could not fit the stock stabilizer with the bottom mount!?! He ended up installing a JK stabilizer (not great but works for now!!)

Sponsored

OP
OP
neonpoke

neonpoke

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 M3
Thanks for your post. I did the full setup today! Can you send a picture of your setup? I have the FAD skid by MC with a 2.5 Game Changer lift also by MC on 35. The dealership told me that he could not fit the stock stabilizer with the bottom mount!?! He ended up installing a JK stabilizer (not great but works for now!!)
I'm running the bottom mount too, but don't have a stabilizer installed. Runs great without it.