Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
The fact that I ( Like a lot of others also ) spent $53,000 on my 2018 JLRU and added another $5000 on a Mopar lift and Mopar wheels and 35in tires.............WTF!!!!!! I should no be having a wobble , shimmy , wander ECT ECT ECT ! Complete BS that this happens. And there are 50 different suggestions to fix this......and they all cost MORE $$$$$

Completely unacceptable
Nobody disagrees with you at all. I’m doing all this because I don’t want to wait on jeep to come out with a fix which they seem to just be pointing at the stabilizer and I hope that ends up being the long term fix but idk. I do know my Jeep drives and feels absolutely amazing and I’m happy with the results. Anyone I meet is more than welcome to drive me jeep in or off road
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the great videos. Your precision driving and the mentality of trying to walk it first and only bump it if needed is what makes you guys my favorite to watch.

Quick question, do the steer smarts components come in a package or all sold separately? I'm only seeing the latter on their site, and was just curious.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you, Britt, and Jly!

OP
OP
Kevin8086

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Thanks for all the great videos. Your precision driving and the mentality of trying to walk it first and only bump it if needed is what makes you guys my favorite to watch.

Quick question, do the steer smarts components come in a package or all sold separately? I'm only seeing the latter on their site, and was just curious.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you, Britt, and Jly!
Thanks for watching. We appreciate the support. They are working on a new website where I think they are working on a package deal. Right now you have to purchase them all separately. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Death wobble fixed

Thanks for posting this and Merry Christmas. Quick question - I have the teraflex 1.5" lift with Falcon shocks; I've added the 2.1 Falcon steering stabilizer as well. In the interest of being proactive and wanting to improve overall "on-road" handling" I have already ordered the Steer Smarts trackbar, and Rusty's brace. Is it overkill to add the tie rod and drag link too? Thoughts? Should i expect a noticeable improvement?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Oh maybe you have been under a rock? Have you missed where stock jeeps are having the issue? Did you miss where we specifically said this fixed our jeep and that people may not have the same issue or where we said DW can be from dozens of different problems? This steering kit made the jeep feel and steer significantly better than ever before and if you think you know otherwise, maybe you should try it, drive someone’s jeep with it and feel the difference. Hell, come drive my Jeep. I’d love for you to drive my Jeep and let everyone know what you really think AFTER you have at least driven a Jeep with the upgraded parts.
Carnage isn’t jeeping? Your attitude isn’t jeeping. I’m here testing products trying to help the community and you are over here throwing shade.
My offer stands, come drive my Jeep and give YOUR impression AFTER you have given it, not before.
I love my Jeep and no I don't bash it or trash it and call it Jeeping. And the stock Jeeps that say they have wobble or mostly first time Jeepers. My Rubicon rides nice. But again I'm not into wasting my money on 3 -4 inch lifts and carnage and then posting a silly video knowing people will run out and buy the Same parts.
Testing free parts then hoping to sell them. Pathetic

Sponsored

Bilymac

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ram 2500, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2017 Harley Street Glide Special, 2019 Jeep JLRU
I bet he's fun at parties.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
I love my Jeep and no I don't bash it or trash it and call it Jeeping. And the stock Jeeps that say they have wobble or mostly first time Jeepers. My Rubicon rides nice. But again I'm not into wasting my money on 3 -4 inch lifts and carnage and then posting a silly video knowing people will run out and buy the Same parts.
A counterpoint - Jeep enthusiasts who like to tweak and modify their Jeeps - and yes, not always about off-roading - e.g., the person who buys a rubi just "cause they like the way it looks". I've had three jeeps, love modding and refining - a hobby. I'm not suggesting this is THE fix, but interesting discussion none the less and a reasonable option. I do agree first time JL/JK owners have to acclimate to a jeep - a great example is braking distance compared to most "cars" - they're not JEEPs.

Last edited:

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I agree it is a waste of money to keep modifying a Jeep like that, and it is crazy to drive a jeep on those rocks like that. But it is a hobby for some people, and it is their choice. It would not be my choice even if I got free products.

I am not sure why it would be pathetic to do what they do, getting discounted or free products installed on a jeep and posting a review and recommendation. They are good at doing this. It is essentially a hobby becoming a business for them, a youtube business. Many people make a living testing and reporting on products. And they always say that they abuse their jeep and acknowledge that their upgrades are intended to help the Jeep hold up to that abuse. The Jeep community benefits from their reviews too. I think it should be obvious to youtube viewers that they are getting free parts and labor, so I don't think full disclosure is necessary in the videos ("we got this product without cost", etc.). Anyway, if you want to have a further discussion about the ethics of reviewing free products perhaps another thread devoted to the topic would be appropriate.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Kevin is a good guy I think you guys jsut got off on wrong foot, they acknowledge they wheel harder than normal and pick the hardest line cause they enjoy it. They do alot of great content videos and were one of the first to push a stock JL to its limits and show the world what it could do (Alot of us are gonna wait to push an expensive new Jeep so hard, both paths are 100% ok!). I will be the first to admit Kevin changed my opinion on 4 door wranglers, which I was viewing more as overland or mall only (ya I got powned, but I admit it and enjoy his videos as its a win-win)

But I agree with you, the steering upgrades they did are for lifted Jeeps, but that should be obvious.

Selling parts? I hope they do and make a good living doing so, they are one of us and I would love to see them succeed vs some greedy corporation. Warms my heart to see a young couple work together and try something different, and maybe turn it into something special.

In any event Happy holidays all, I hope we all resolve our steering stuff. My high speed shimmy after hittting a bump seems better after replacing defective steering stabilizer and checking torque on key bolts. Going to change tires and rebalance too so hopefully good.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Kevin is a good guy I think you guys jsut got off on wrong foot, they acknowledge they wheel harder than normal and pick the hardest line cause they enjoy it. They do alot of great content videos and were one of the first to push a stock JL to its limits and show the world what it could do (Alot of us are gonna wait to push an expensive new Jeep so hard, both paths are 100% ok!). I will be the first to admit Kevin changed my opinion on 4 door wranglers, which I was viewing more as overland or mall only (ya I got powned, but I admit it and enjoy his videos as its a win-win)

But I agree with you, the steering upgrades they did are for lifted Jeeps, but that should be obvious.

Selling parts? I hope they do and make a good living doing so, they are one of us and I would love to see them succeed vs some greedy corporation. Warms my heart to see a young couple work together and try something different, and maybe turn it into something special.

Again I don't dislike anyone at all, I may dislike their ways at going after the cash, I am not doing drifting are Carnage to a my Jeep and call it Jeeping and saying what parts failed and what they replaced them with and post a Web site were to buy that is called SCARE MARKETING. As a Jeep owner I consider this wrong. And we want talk about less than normal clothing so tight don't read the VULGAR COMENTS. I wish them well but MORALS and ETHICS or missing.
In any event Happy holidays all, I hope we all resolve our steering stuff. My high speed shimmy after hittting a bump seems better after replacing defective steering stabilizer and checking torque on key bolts. Going to change tires and rebalance too so hopefully good.

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Thanks for posting this and Merry Christmas. Quick question - I have the teraflex 1.5" lift with Falcon shocks; I've added the 2.1 Falcon steering stabilizer as well. In the interest of being proactive and wanting to improve overall "on-road" handling" I have already ordered the Steer Smarts trackbar, and Rusty's brace. Is it overkill to add the tie rod and drag link too? Thoughts? Should i expect a noticeable improvement?
Watch the video from Extreme Terrain, I think it's on page 2 of this thread. He basically says that the tie rod doesn't need upgrading when lifting, it isn't involved in the geometry. Maybe replace it when it gets dinged up from rocks first ;). For that lift, I don't think you need to do the drag link either. What I would think about, is the front lower control arms (LCA) that will push the caster angle to an angle to keep you tracking straight, I've read others that did this and it fixed wandering on small lifts and even on stock keeps. Someone bought just the LCAs from the Mopar lift, and it fixed their issue, I can find it if you want. The video also discusses caster angle and how it helps for straight tracking. I also bought the track bar (just shipped) and I just installed Rusty's bracket. I don't have a lift yet, but looking at the same one, can you send a pic of your jeep with this lift? Which Faclon shocks did you get? I'm currently struggling on which to get.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Watch the video from Extreme Terrain, I think it's on page 2 of this thread. He basically says that the tie rod doesn't need upgrading when lifting, it isn't involved in the geometry. Maybe replace it when it gets dinged up from rocks first ;). For that lift, I don't think you need to do the drag link either. What I would think about, is the front lower control arms (LCA) that will push the caster angle to an angle to keep you tracking straight, I've read others that did this and it fixed wandering on small lifts and even on stock keeps. Someone bought just the LCAs from the Mopar lift, and it fixed their issue, I can find it if you want. The video also discusses caster angle and how it helps for straight tracking. I also bought the track bar (just shipped) and I just installed Rusty's bracket. I don't have a lift yet, but looking at the same one, can you send a pic of your jeep with this lift? Which Faclon shocks did you get? I'm currently struggling on which to get.
You mean like these (for a 1.5" lift?): control arms

Her ya go:
168b353ed0dc547ca5f1666cc0678666-jpg.jpg

c05f814d2a0210d40f46bc2c56d24424-jpg.jpg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
BTW, I am not saying that this is something you will need. That lift is just 1 inch in the front, so you might not have any issues. But this person, is one of three that I remember saying exactly this.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-153#post-473494

post 2284 if the link doesn't go there automatically.

here's a second one:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steering-wheel-wobble.16577/page-9#post-436044

I totally understand being proactive, I'm the same way, I think this is the only thing to be aware of. Yes, those are examples of the part I am talking about. The LCA's that come with the Mopar 2 inch lift, but you can buy just them and not the whole lift, are longer but not adjustable, pretty simple solution, as opposed to adjustable ones and manually adjusting to somewhere between 5.8 and 6 degrees. the teraflex looks like a nonadjustable arm as well, and is optimized for 2.5 inch lifts, might be a tad long for your 1 inch lift in front. Maybe worth a double check. Or do the adjustables.

which shocks did you get?

Last edited:

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
BTW, I am not saying that this is something you will need. That lift is just 1 inch in the front, so you might not have any issues. But this person, is one of three that I remember saying exactly this.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...has-play-and-drifts.3691/page-153#post-473494

post 2284 if the link doesn't go there automatically.

I totally understand being proactive, I'm the same way, I think this is the only thing to be aware of. Yes, those are examples of the part I am talking about. The LCA's that come with the Mopar 2 inch lift, but you can buy just them and not the whole lift, are longer but not adjustable, pretty simple solution, as opposed to adjustable ones and manually adjusting to somewhere between 5.8 and 6 degrees. the teraflex looks like a nonadjustable arm as well, and is optimized for 2.5 inch lifts, might be a tad long for your 1 inch lift in front. Maybe worth a double check.

which shocks did you get?
The TeraFlex are optimized for 2.5, but speced for 1.5 - 3.5. Those look like a reasonable option. I went with the falcon mono tube shocks.
Sponsored