Fixed but not really fixed

karissaa

First Name
Karissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I was driving home on the highway one day and my jeep started overheating, after pulling over a while I started driving and everything was fine for about ten more miles until it started rattling, overheating, and when I pulled over again it force shut off and wouldn’t start. It got towed to the dealership to be fixed and they told me my coolant hose had a leak and it had leaked into the engine so they replaced it with a brand new one. After a month I finally got my car back and after driving three miles home it started overheating and rattling again. The dealership now has it and they have no idea what is wrong with it. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? I bought it brand new and have not even had it for a year with only 11,000 miles so I don’t know what could possibly be wrong.
Sponsored

SLK RCK

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Very little info to go on, but I'll throw out some thoughts.

1. Air in the coolant system (unlikely unless you had it serviced recently or a significant leak)
2. Crack on the inlet/outlet where they thought the hose was leaking (my vote)
2. Failed water pump (maybe, then caused the overheat and hose leak)
3. Failed thermostat (maybe, but seems rare from my experience)

There are quite a few other options, but they are more complex and less likely. I'd start with the above.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Rattling? That’s what confused me the most. Maybe your radiator fan is broken or has something stuck in it?

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
It took them a month to replace a coolant hose?
Sponsored