Filling a diesel with extra can

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I cannot seem to figure out how to get that little metal door to push in after you open the fuel door.
The standard rotopax can does not push it open.
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Don't have an answer Steve but I hope that this is a test run and that you're not almost out of fuel.

Later,
Johnny

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
You gotta have a small funnel to open the inner door. (At least on my Ram and VW diesels). I carry a small rigid funnel for just that purpose. It doesnā€™t have to be very big, but its gotta be at least 6-8 inches long. Be sure the large end is big enough NOT to go past the outer edge of the filler neck. FWIW VW/Audi sells a ā€œrefueling adapterā€ that allow use of the larger diesel fuel nozzle on smaller diesels. These adaptors work great for what you are wanting to do and come in their own storage tube which eliminates diesel mess/odor inside your vehicle when stored. I bought mine off Amazon a few years ago for like $10, or anyVW dealer can get you one.

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Found it. Casey 250 YouTube channel seems to have all the answers.
Jeep provides a filler in the jack compartment.... I am happy

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You gotta have a small funnel to open the inner door. (At least on my Ram and VW diesels). I carry a small rigid funnel for just that purpose. It doesnā€™t have to be very big, but its gotta be at least 6-8 inches long. Be sure the large end is big enough NOT to go past the outer edge of the filler neck. FWIW VW/Audi sells a ā€œrefueling adapterā€ that allow use of the larger diesel fuel nozzle on smaller diesels. These adaptors work great for what you are wanting to do and come in their own storage tube which eliminates diesel mess/odor inside your vehicle when stored. I bought mine off Amazon a few years ago for like $10, or anyVW dealer can get you one.
The one from Jeep just has a plastic bag. It might be worth having one that is sealed. Thanks

Sponsored

CapnKing

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.0 diesel
Steverino--I have done a search on the Casey 250 YouTube videos and cannot find reference to the filler funnel.
Can you nail down the video for me? Much appreciated! My 2020 Willys 3.0 diesel did not come with the funnel.
Thanks again,

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are you sure? I would check again. Take everything out of the compartment where the jack is and it should be there... The video wont help you... That was just where I posted a comment.

CapnKing

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 3.0 diesel
Are you sure? I would check again. Take everything out of the compartment where the jack is and it should be there... The video wont help you... That was just where I posted a comment.
I have taken everything out--the jack and the handle and that is all that was there. I have tried a couple of other funnels but it will not open the filler :( Would you send me a pic of the funnel that came with yours?
Much appreciated.

MandKM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜73 CJ5, ā€˜19 2-door JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I have taken everything out--the jack and the handle and that is all that was there. I have tried a couple of other funnels but it will not open the filler :( Would you send me a pic of the funnel that came with yours?
Much appreciated.
Looks exactly like this - only ~6-7" long. The Small diameter end of the funnel has to be EXACTLY the right diameter. If you don't have one in the back storage area I'd get your dealer to cough up one for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Filling a diesel with extra can Funnel.JPG

OP
OP

steverino

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks exactly like this - only ~6-7" long. The Small diameter end of the funnel has to be EXACTLY the right diameter. If you don't have one in the back storage area I'd get your dealer to cough up one for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Filling a diesel with extra can Funnel.JPG
I agree. Go to the dealer you purchased it from and tell them it is missing.

However, they are only 7 or 8 dollars I guess.
Sponsored