Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah I spelled backseat wrong... lol....

So I was recently in a car accident and my 2018 2-D JL got totaled. I was driving without my backseat, and didn't realize that until later. The vehicle got totaled and I got money for it, but I still have the backseat in my garage. I recently bought a new 2019 JL, and now I have 2 backseats.... What should I do with this extra backseat? could I sell it? should I call the insurance and have them pick it up? I don't want to have them tell me I have to take it to them....
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I spelled backseat wrong... lol....

So I was recently in a car accident and my 2018 2-D JL got totaled. I was driving without my backseat, and didn't realize that until later. The vehicle got totaled and I got money for it, but I still have the backseat in my garage. I recently bought a new 2019 JL, and now I have 2 backseats.... What should I do with this extra backseat? could I sell it? should I call the insurance and have them pick it up? I don't want to have them tell me I have to take it to them....
Maybe try to sell here in the member marketplace. Someone may have a need for one for whatever reason, but what are the chances they'd have a want or need for the same exact one... material, stitching, etc.

But shipping that thing... oof.

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I would hold on to it for a little while, in case the insurance company asks for it. It's probably unlikely but if they want it, they have every right and could charge you for it.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The right thing to do (IMO) is get in touch with the insurance company and tell them the situation. It’s theirs. However, I seriously doubt they’ll want it and will very likely tell you that you can keep it if you like or throw it out. Sell here or eBay or CL if you can’t find a use for it.