Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my 2019. Electronics are all dead without a FOB nearby whether it's the locks, windows or homelink. I'm confused on why the lock would need to be disabled since the EZtrunk doesn't tie into anything.
Good to know!
Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I did some experimenting with my 2020 with proximity.

Had it sitting, locked, windows down, with the key fob on the other end of the house.

Reached in and hit unlock button. Nothing.

Hit the lock button and it activated like it was trying to lock again. Good to know that a thief could lock my Jeep for me if I forgot. :)

So I should be safe with mine.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've got doors on (windows down) and hard-top off my 2020 Sahara right now, and - without the keyfob - the power locks only lock, they don't unlock.

But what I really want to see is the installation manual for the EZ-Trunk and get an idea how compatible it is with the Trail Rail Management System in the floor. I use the TRMS for a bicycle mount, tie-downs, and the telescopic railing. I'm sure I can modify the EZ-Trunk if need be, but I'm curious to see exactly how this is installed.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Some 2020 JLs, and most if not all 2021 JLs, no longer have the key hole on the rear swing gate. So if you disable the electric locks you’ll be out of luck.
The 2021 JLU Sport, with its complement of manual locks, retains the exterior key holes as a matter of necessity.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
The 2021 JLU Sport, with its complement of manual locks, retains the exterior key holes as a matter of necessity.
Oh... you're one of those poor people.

;)

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Do you guys both have proximity sensors? @Jeepney Johnny @ConqSoft
That may be playing into your results.

Yes I do have proximity. That why I made sure the key fob was a good distance away. I didn’t want it to interfere. Looks like they made a change after 2018? Maybe your 2018 can get a flash to change it to work like ours?

Or are you thinking that it’s behaving differently because of the proximity option?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Oh... you're one of those poor people.

;)
Quite right, Sir. I retired at 44, and I'm paying cash for the new rig. If this is Poor, give me more of it. :)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Quite right, Sir. I retired at 44, and I'm paying cash for the new rig. If this is Poor, give me more of it. :)
Dang... now I wish I was "poor" :)

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I do have proximity. That why I made sure the key fob was a good distance away. I didn’t want it to interfere. Looks like they made a change after 2018? Maybe your 2018 can get a flash to change it to work like ours?

Or are you thinking that it’s behaving differently because of the proximity option?
I think you are behaving diff because of Proximity option. My wife doesn't have it but I do but my doors are off right now. I'll test it when they go back on.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are behaving diff because of Proximity option. My wife doesn't have it but I do but my doors are off right now. I'll test it when they go back on.
Oh so your wife is one of those poor people. :giggle:

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know!
Nope, I'm a liar! I could have sworn everything was dead without the FOB but ONLY the locks work without a FOB nearby. Funny since I have a soft top and a backbone security deck that really isn't secure. The 2019 has a key lock on the gate so I'll probably be disabling the gate electronic lock.

The downfall of the backbone/slipstream are the rather semi-permanent installation which doesn't allow the soft top to lock when folded down plus you have to cushion to prevent wear in the corners. Thus why I've been interested in the EZtrunk but I'm waiting to see how much depth it provides for storage.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@RMS114300

Hi Robin:

What's the noise like, if anything, when the EZ Trunk is installed and the Wrangler goes over some bumpy terrain?

Does the device bounce around a bit to the sound of metal moving when installed and in its upright position, or is it pretty secure with respect to up and down and forward and back movement when the vehicle's on the move on the EZ-Trunk is in its upright position?

I don't think it is fair to ask you, or have you answer the same question when the device is down because I'd assume it in that position when large items that weigh (and necessiate) the device (being) down would secure it .

Thanks.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I’m so confused. So on my 2020 JL, I have a key lock on the tailgate. No proximity locks. If I lock my doors using the key fob I am unable to reach in and manually unlock the doors but it still unlocks using the lock on the door handle which then sets off the alarm.

In my situation I have to disable the electric lock on the tailgate when I get the eztrunk installed. How do I do that when I lock up the Jeep with the key fob? I can bypass the tailgate? And why is it easier for a thief to get into my tailgate with electric locks?
Sponsored