Sponsored

Where can get like this red matte dashboard? The ones that I see have a very bright red which looks cheap

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Gladiator:
Starts from 424K ILS -> 126K$
1653234950773.png
It is a bit humorous to observe regular American vehicles being priced like foreign exotics when positioned for sale in overseas markets. Lord knows we've seen the same here as it concerns Range Rovers, Porsche and the like (which the Wrangler/Gladiator ain't.)

OP
OP
SariK

SariK

First Name
Sari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2 doors soft top 2019
It is a bit humorous to observe regular American vehicles being priced like foreign exotics when positioned for sale in overseas markets. Lord knows we've seen the same here as it concerns Range Rovers, Porsche and the like (which the Wrangler/Gladiator ain't.)
True! in the whole middle east it is only Israel and Palestine who shares these insane prices and the more expensive that car is the taxes rates would be higher for example a G63 AMG costs around 1,700,000 ILS -> 500K$ with this amount in the united states you can get 5 exotics lol

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
True! in the whole middle east it is only Israel and Palestine who shares these insane prices and the more expensive that car is the taxes rates would be higher for example a G63 AMG costs around 1,700,000 ILS -> 500K$ with this amount in the united states you can get 5 exotics lol
Maybe not five new exotics, but at least two that will make a good showing in one's garage. :)

Sponsored

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
Some years ago, I had to give a shop a bit of Old Tyme Religion on the subject of used parts. They wanted (nay, expected) to keep the still-serviceable parts they removed from my vehicle for later resale online. I actually had to argue with them that they were to return them to me, as I had instructed and in the absence of my releasing the parts to them for financial consideration.

So much SMH.

I get that some folks willingly surrender their own stuff to shops for disposal at their discretion, but making broadband assumptions that we'll all do so is...not wise.
Well, yeah, they are your property! Just because they took them off does not give them rights.

I have a buddy who bought new (well JLUR takeoff) rims for his Sport, intending to have a summer/off-road and winter tire setup. The problem was the same, the shop owner refused to give him the rims back that came in on his Jeep. They said that since he didn't specify he wanted them back they were entitled to them.

Ok, so part of the guy's business model was selling other folks' take-offs and Jessie just happened to be buying a set that day. The price was about 1/2 of what he had seen elsewhere.

Hey, why not? I can see the $$$ signs here. The shop can make some money and someone else can get cheaper rims. But, you are effectively selling someone else's property, whether they know it or not. Not telling them you are just planning on doing that is pretty theft by omission.

I am sure a fair amount of people don't think twice about it and let the old rims, tires, etc. go without question. Maybe they don't have a place to keep them or don't want the hassle, who knows. Either way, a shop can make a killing selling take-offs, it is almost an infinite profit margin and you get another round of mounting and balancing charges again as well.

This is totally different than something like a warranty repair. The dealership is totally entitled to keep parts they are replacing under warranty, they have a part to recycle or to do failure analysis on and your vehicle is back to normal, there is no unjust enrichment in this scenario.

Anyhow, a pretty heated argument ensued and the guy called the police on him apparently thinking he could bully him into leaving his $1000+ OEM rims and tires behind. In the process of talking to the shop owner and explaining that the rims were indeed Jessie's property, the officers found the owner had a warrant.

What was the warrant? FTA on another case where he kept someone else's parts and the owner reported them as stolen and sued the guy. I don't know how the civil case went down, but apparently there had been multiple people who filed police reports and wanted their parts back as well. It sounded like there was also as an assault sometime because a customer insisted on getting his parts back and the owner got really pissed and lost it.

He left that day with him old rims.

Possession is not 9/10ths kids!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have a buddy who bought new (well JLUR takeoff) rims for his Sport, intending to have a summer/off-road and winter tire setup. The problem was the same, the shop owner refused to give him the rims back that came in on his Jeep. They said that since he didn't specify he wanted them back they were entitled to them.

Anyhow, a pretty heated argument ensued and the guy called the police on him apparently thinking he could bully him into leaving his $1000+ OEM rims and tires behind. In the process of talking to the shop owner and explaining that the rims were indeed Jessie's property, the officers found the owner had a warrant.

[My buddy] left that day with his old rims.
Nice to know the story had a happy ending. Unfortunate that it had to play out that way. Not surprising, though, given the reason for the outstanding warrant.

-------------

Perhaps unrelated, but instructive as it concerns similar personalities:

In 2014, I purchased a new Simplicity zero-turn-radius riding mower. It was configured with all but one available factory option. All in, it was $5K.

On delivery day, I noticed that there was barely a 1/4 tank of fuel in the 5 gallon tank. I called the owner to ask why he didn't fill it up, as one might reasonably expect...doubly so when I had just signed a five thousand dollar check for a tarted-up lawnmower. His droll reply was that "we didn't negotiate for that."

His cost to top off the tank would have been $13.00, maybe a bit less.

And so he's lost every penny of every purchase of maintenance parts and blade sharpening services that I've spent in the intervening 8 years.

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

Sponsored

RemisPaPa

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-350
Occupation
Retired Marine, DoD Civilian
Well, yeah, they are your property! Just because they took them off does not give them rights.

Ok, so part of the guy's business model was selling other folks' take-offs and Jessie just happened to be buying a set that day. The price was about 1/2 of what he had seen elsewhere.

Hey, why not? I can see the $$$ signs here. The shop can make some money and someone else can get cheaper rims. But, you are effectively selling someone else's property, whether they know it or not. Not telling them you are just planning on doing that is pretty theft by omission.

I am sure a fair amount of people don't think twice about it and let the old rims, tires, etc. go without question. Maybe they don't have a place to keep them or don't want the hassle, who knows. Either way, a shop can make a killing selling take-offs, it is almost an infinite profit margin and you get another round of mounting and balancing charges again as well.

This is totally different than something like a warranty repair. The dealership is totally entitled to keep parts they are replacing under warranty, they have a part to recycle or to do failure analysis on and your vehicle is back to normal, there is no unjust enrichment in this scenario.

What was the warrant? FTA on another case where he kept someone else's parts and the owner reported them as stolen and sued the guy. I don't know how the civil case went down, but apparently there had been multiple people who filed police reports and wanted their parts back as well. It sounded like there was also as an assault sometime because a customer insisted on getting his parts back and the owner got really pissed and lost it.

He left that day with him old rims.

Possession is not 9/10ths kids!
Hmmm, my how times have changed. Back in my day when you went in to pick up your repaired vehicle the box of parts or part that was replaced was shown to you and explained in detail/shown exactly what was wrong with it and why it needed replaced. Of course many items back then were rebuildable so the replaced internals were there for you to see that they were in fact replaced.
If it was something that could be repurposed it went to the local VoTech or the local high school auto shop class.
Hopefully there are still some legit mechanics out there.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Rattle Can. You can just make it whatever color you want.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney

It would have taken some real restraint not to introduce that shop owner to my two friends...

Jeep Wrangler JL Where can get like this red matte dashboard? The ones that I see have a very bright red which looks cheap edfb0f99-4b86-43cd-aca9-2c10863852bd_text

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I heard that you are a funny guy from the funny planet.
Do you think all members live in the United States and pay the same prices that you pay?
There are other countries in the world with different taxes rate.

For example Gladiator:
Jeep Wrangler JL Where can get like this red matte dashboard? The ones that I see have a very bright red which looks cheap edfb0f99-4b86-43cd-aca9-2c10863852bd_text

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
I heard that you are a funny guy from the funny planet.
Do you think all members live in the United States and pay the same prices that you pay?
There are other countries in the world with different taxes rate.

For example Gladiator:
Actually I assumed most folks on this forum did in fact live in the United States, I knew we had a few Canadians and Australians and Mexicans but this is the first I've seen an Israeli on the forum. Welcome, of course and please accept my humble apologies for the misunderstanding
Led to some interesting research on your crazy car taxes that reward newcomers to your Country (Oleh's) by only charging them an 80% tax compared to 129% for regular long term citizens. Also the discounted tax rates that just got jacked up on hybrid and electric cars
Makes one wonder.... why so much tax ? 🤔
Sponsored