Exterior Color Selection

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Also agree on snazzy, flipped a coin for snazzy or hydro, hydro won. Just get color not 50 shades of gray,silver, white ,and Mike’s right , sarge would make good camouflage from searchers
Sponsored

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
Granite is TOO dark, might as well get black.
Sting = Primer
Sarge for the win 🇺🇸
Your comment reminds me of my wife's comment when we looked at a Rhino JK. She said that Rhino was as close as you can get to being black without being black. Granite is a little lighter than Rhino. I still like both colors but they are dark. I'm mixed on Stingray. Sometimes I really like it and sometimes it reminds me of a gray trash can. Probably because the orignal AEV Brute was painted gray with a color match to a Brute trash can. Stingray is similar color. But I do like the color.

img_1086.jpg

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I'll just comment that over the years I have owned/driven vehicles of various colors, both light and dark. Those that are gunmetal metallic, dark grey metallic, granite crystal, or similar just do not show an unwashed condition like black or white painted vehicles.

In the case of my Granite Crystal JLUR, I wanted a vehicle color that would not stand out at a trailhead if I went hiking or camping. The "Grey Man" philosophy.

I wash my Rubi once per year, when the yellow pollen from the trees in my neighborhood has changed its core color. I let it rinse in the thunderstorm that's looming when I decide it's time for a wash and rinse. Yes, sometimes I get soaked during that t-storm wash! Wash only once a year? It's a jeep, it should look unwashed most of the time! (But I do try to hose off road salt during the winter, but not for cleanliness reasons...)

Sorry to zdr on the second page of this string, but the look of a soapy Wrangler in a car wash made me a bit lightheaded in terror. ;)

To the OP, if you are going to wash and wax weekly, go for a bright, light color--or black. They do like nice in that purified condition. However, if you mainly focus on tire pressure, fluid levels, etc., and don't want to be bothered with squeaky clean paint, go for dark grey metallic!

YMMV, but always have fun!

Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Had a Granite 2018 JLU Sahara, then a Sting Grey 2019 JLUR and now have a 2020 Sarge Green JLUR Recon....loved all 3, but have to say, the Sarge is my favorite by far, but Sting was my 2nd fav......not ever had a sliver Jeep.

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
I'm 40 as well. Thought I wanted Sting Gray but then saw a Sarge Willys and was sold (I bought a Sahara 4xe and got the Willys wheels). Agree on red accents not looking great but with black accents it is the perfect Jeep color. Swap the hood sticker and get the tan leather (it looks better anyway).

Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Color Selection 20210423_153839

Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Color Selection 20210612_150337

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
JMHO. Sarge and Sting say "Jeep" to me. But the other colors are good too. ;) 👍

Deleted member 59498

I'm 40 as well. Thought I wanted Sting Gray but then saw a Sarge Willys and was sold (I bought a Sahara 4xe and got the Willys wheels). Agree on red accents not looking great but with black accents it is the perfect Jeep color. Swap the hood sticker and get the tan leather (it looks better anyway).

20210423_153839.jpg

20210612_150337.jpg

Wow that was sort of BOOM! I never noticed painted fenders with Sarge. Sun brings it out also!

Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Color Selection 59498

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I've resisted sharing my preferences, because color is very subjective. That is exactly what these are, MY preferences.

They are not disses to your color choice, so please don't take it that way. I know more of you probably despise Hella than like it, if I had to guess.

For instance, pretty much all my friends don't care for yellow. That doesn't make me like it any less, if anything, maybe more. 😅

I also like the Chief and Hydro colors and could live with Red.

Don't really care for, but I respect the Sarge color and would drive it.

All the other colors.....
No thanks.
But this is why they offer so many colors, cuz we all different.

I know I've commented about it before and other manufacturers are doing it to, but it still burns my ass to pay for a color, any color.

20210903_200322.jpg

chris_tofu_r

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New: 2023 Rubicon XR Old: 2021 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Army
I went with Sarge Green and love the color! It looks relatively bright during the day, and more forest green at night. I chose machined wheels with black accents and love the contrast. Next small touches will be the CJ Pony Parts billet cowl mounts for my LED cube lights. My previous vehicle was a white Tacoma which I chose to black every accessory out, so I wanted to do something different for this build.

Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Color Selection A940C120-DD27-40BD-9EA8-EF19AE395A3B