First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Is it possible that chrome trim might interfere with the blind spot sensors in the taillights?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mapout_22

mapout_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
Is it possible that chrome trim might interfere with the blind spot sensors in the taillights?
Is this why the forum is against it? I’d love to know. Until now, I had no clue where the sensors were.

I mean, they have chrome, but not for the 2022. Is this the first year the sensors are in the taillights?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Not a chance. Lol.

Is this why the forum is against it? I’d love to know. Until now, I had no clue where the sensors were.

I mean, they have chrome, but not for the 2022. Is this the first year the sensors are in the taillights?
The tail lights haven't changed at all since the JL was released. If you have found chrome that fits the 21 and below, they'll fit your 22. Just make sure you differentiate between BSM and non BSM housings when you order.

But ya, chrome doesn't get you home. Ever. ;)

Slumpbuster

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4xe Rubicon
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
The chrome taillight covers will look great with his 24” chrome spinners and 30” lo profile tires.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

It's an old school look that looked great on the earlier generation Jeeps, and other vehicles for that matter. It just doesn't look as good on the modern styled vehicles. Especially when it's used on small random pieces. Chrome looks it's best when done to larger parts spread around the vehicle to tie it all in like tube bumpers and tube sliders, and maybe a roof rack.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Throw in Stubby antenna. (Black)

Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Accessories autozone-special
I like the stubby antennas. Only reason why I stayed with a longer one is because it also serves as an early warning to low overheads, like parking garages. My Jeep barely fits in the one at my wife's hospital, and the antenna scratches a white line in the concrete ceiling the whole way through. It's like a trail of breadcrumbs. If they ever install speed bumps, I won't be able to fit anymore. 😆

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It all starts as tasteful accessorizing...
Jeep Wrangler JL Exterior Accessories autozone-special

I think we're all in agreement in wanting to avoid having to wave at one of these, or pretending to look the other way when it passes.
Gotta love the thousand led lamps for $200 total, but still rocking the incandescent taillights.

Must've lost a couple mpg's from the weight of just the double sided tape alone. 😆

OP
OP
mapout_22

mapout_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
By
It's an old school look that looked great on the earlier generation Jeeps, and other vehicles for that matter. It just doesn't look as good on the modern styled vehicles. Especially when it's used on small random pieces. Chrome looks it's best when done to larger parts spread around the vehicle to tie it all in like tube bumpers and tube sliders, and maybe a roof rack.
Got it. Thank you! I was wondering if there was a genuine issue or if you guys were just saying it’s passé. I don’t care about that. I’m going to hook my baby up according to what I like, what I can afford, and what’s safe, not what’s trending.

See, I was thinking less chrome, more white. All I know is I don’t like the Tuscadero Pearlcoat with black taillights and bumpers. You hit the nail on the head. I’m going with the tube look. I HATE the stock bumper.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
mapout_22

mapout_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
The chrome taillight covers will look great with his 24” chrome spinners and 30” lo profile tires.
Wow. A comment that’s wrong from start to finish, but you just came to be messy, so you succeeded.

The chrome taillight covers will look great with HER 15 or 16” wheels(the smaller the better because SHE prefers a more tire than wheel look) and 33” Mickey Thompson ATs.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. A comment that’s wrong from start to finish, but you just came to be messy, so you succeeded.

The chrome taillight covers will look great with HER 15 or 16” wheels(the smaller the better because SHE prefers a more tire than wheel look) and 33” Mickey Thompson ATs.
The stock 2019 Sahara wheel 18" with 33's BFG KO2 Not sure what the 2022 wheel size is. I would think still 18"

2019 Jeep  Sahara  Lifted 33's  now..jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Chrome looks it's best when done to larger parts spread around the vehicle to tie it all in like tube bumpers
I would like to see the factory steel bumpers chromed.

Not sure I'd like it... but I want to see it.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Lifted or no? I know you don’t have to for 33s, but is it?
Yeah, the 2022 is 255/70R18
Has Teraflex 1.5 spacer kit. 2.0" for front to remove factory rake and 1.5" rear to even out. This Jeep didn't need regular lift. Limited off-road.

OP
OP
mapout_22

mapout_22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
Has Teraflex 1.5 spacer kit. 2.0" for front to remove factory rake and 1.5" rear to even out. This Jeep didn't need regular lift. Limited off-road.
I was looking at Teraflex and Rubicon Express for a 2.5” lift. I think I’ll want 35s at some point.

Unrelated question: Some people don’t have that space between the fenders and the bumper. Is that due to elongated fenders or an extended bumper?
Sponsored