OP

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
For anyone who is Interested. Tyson Motor Corporation in Shorewood, IL will honor the prices of $100 dollars over invoice on Lifetime MaxCare Warranties. Ask for Jason Beltran.
What is the invoice price of those? Is what cjsam posted the retail or invoice prices?
Sponsored

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What CJsam posted has been the lowest I have seen, and the same dealer where I bought mine.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
You guys do realize that the first FOUR oil changes and tire rotations are free to every Jeep JL owner through the Jeep Wave program?

I also received 3 year Appearance Plus protection that covers paint, upholstery and glass through the Jeep Wave program for complaining about not having the Off Road Pages. It's already paid for having my windshield replaced due to a rock hitting it on the highway. My dealer also gives free lifetime power train warranty. Before purchasing any additional protection, factor in what you already have maintenance wise or otherwise.

SW777

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 2509 Duramax
What is the invoice price of those? Is what cjsam posted the retail or invoice prices?
I personally 2440 for the 200 dollars deductible plan. This is the same price after the April price increase that Hayes Jeep in Michigan is offering.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

those extended warranties are pure profit for them. at the time of my sale, the salesman offered me the extended warranty, 3 years, 70k for almost $4k? i lol'd and said thanks no thanks.

by the time we FINALLY got the finance guy, the kids were going bananas (4 hours!!) and it was 11pm. we were ready to go home already. we walked into his office and i said no extras, no nothing. just let us sign/pay and go. he then said, ok, but let me at least offer you the extended warranty for.... $900. cut right through the bs haggling and straight to the final deal lol. he then said, for $1100 i can make it 100k or 3 years. although i know we wont come near that mileage in 6 years i figured if i plan to sell it, it would help. (helped big time when i just sold my explorer sport). so i jumped on it at that price. $200 deductible, which sucks but not bad for expensive repairs.

these new cars have so much tech in them. the finance guy said the JL has 27 motors in it? i have no clue but i know certain things wouldnt be cheap to fix. the shifter failed on our 2015 explorer sport. it was covered under warranty but the adviser said it was over $1k. we also had the radiator fail and they wanted $1k just to pull the bumper off to diagnose it (if out of warranty). that vehicle has DI, twin turbos, awd, there's no way i would have bought it sans warranty. or kept it out of warranty. all new vehicles just have so much tech and $$ parts that even if you can do repairs yourself, the parts can cost quite a bit.

on a side, we recently bought a 2007 Suburban with 50k on it from an audi dealer. only $17k for the sub. anyways, the salesman offered an extended warranty for like $5k. lmao. i mean, every vehicle has issues but subs go to 300k all day long. the classifieds are filled with them.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Maxcare lifetime with no mileage limit offered to me back in Feb.

Deductible
Zero -$4595
100 -$2665
200 -$2340

Person to contact.

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086
At these prices, I don’t understand why anyone would select the $200 over the $100 deductible. There’s only a $300 difference in price so after three occurances you are actually paying more.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
he then said, for $1100 i can make it 100k or 3 years. although i know we wont come near that mileage in 6 years i figured if i plan to sell it, it would help. (helped big time when i just sold my explorer sport). so i jumped on it at that price. $200 deductible, which sucks but not bad for expensive repair.
So how does this work? Does it start after the factory 3/36 ends giving you 6/100 bumper to bumper? The factory 5/60 powertrain warranty then only gets extended one year and 40k miles to the same 6/100? You should only have to pay $200 on any powertrain issues after the 5/60 expires.

These are transferable upon private sale? I’ve read the lifetime unlimited warranties are not transferable. Is this true?

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
So how does this work?
Here's how it works for me : when I bought my Jeep it was for the duration far into the future . I bought the lifetime max . My Jeep is flawless and I never take it to a dealer . I will never use the lifetime max . Not needing to use it is to my advantage , the way I see it .

It is like complete auto insurance , and like travel insurance whilst traveling by airplane ; Not needing to use them is to my advantage , the way I see it .

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I always pass on these warranties and just add Mechanical coverage through my insurance, Geico..

For me, adding the coverage costs $36 a year and it extends me to 7 years / 100,000 miles whichever comes 1st. There is only one option for deductible which is $250

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

From my policy:

What is Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (MBI)?

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers many mechanical repairs to your car, protecting you from expensive repair bills. This coverage is only available for vehicles with less than 15,000 miles that have been purchased within the last 15 months. A $250 deductible per claim applies. Mechanical Breakdown Insurance is similar to a dealer's extended warranty protection. It's in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers repairs to the following systems:

Engine
Steering
Air Conditioning
Transmission
Cooling
Brakes
Drive Axle
Suspension
Electrical

EXCLUSIONS: MBI does not include regular maintenance services such as tune-ups, suspension alignment, wheel balancing, filters, lubrication, coolant and fluids, spark plugs, brake pads and lining, brake shoes and tires (includes tire wear and/or tire damage). Breakdown repairs made necessary by intentional damage, rust and oxidation, misuse, or improper maintenance are not covered. Mechanical Breakdown coverage is in excess of coverage provided by the manufacturer's warranty.
My premium for the coverage is $19 every 6 months = $38 a year = $3.17 a month...

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

So how does this work? Does it start after the factory 3/36 ends giving you 6/100 bumper to bumper? The factory 5/60 powertrain warranty then only gets extended one year and 40k miles to the same 6/100? You should only have to pay $200 on any powertrain issues after the 5/60 expires.

These are transferable upon private sale? I’ve read the lifetime unlimited warranties are not transferable. Is this true?
im pretty sure its concurrent. so as you said, 1 extra year for the power train but i was getting it also for all the other little things that like to stop working and can cost a fortune to fix.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I always pass on these warranties and just add Mechanical coverage through my insurance, Geico..

For me, adding the coverage costs $36 a year and it extends me to 7 years / 100,000 miles whichever comes 1st. There is only one option for deductible which is $250

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

From my policy:

My premium for the coverage is $19 every 6 months = $38 a year = $3.17 a month...
I have Geico also but never researched the MBI. Have to wonder if the premium increases as your car gets older and when the factory warranty ends. So maybe the premium stays low the first 3 years while it’s covered by 3/36 bumper to bumper, increases after the 3rd year while still covered by factory 5/60 powertrain, then increases again after factory warranty runs out completely?

If the premium stays the same for all 7 years you only pay $38 x 7 = $266 for a 7/100 extended warranty?

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had the coverage on my Audi and I can't recall it ever going up in price. I had the Audi for 5 years before I traded it in on the Jeep..

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Here's how it works for me : when I bought my Jeep it was for the duration far into the future . I bought the lifetime max . My Jeep is flawless and I never take it to a dealer . I will never use the lifetime max . Not needing to use it is to my advantage , the way I see it .

It is like complete auto insurance , and like travel insurance whilst traveling by airplane ; Not needing to use them is to my advantage , the way I see it .
Sorry not understanding. You purchased a lifetime warranty knowing you will never use it? We are talking about a FCA vehicle? Then why spend the money? Murphy’s Law? If you didn’t purchase the warranty, then all will go wrong. Purchase the warranty and the opposite is true?

I purchased an extended warranty on my 1998 mustang. Never used it. Actually never used any of the warranty. Drove it for 18 years as daily driver with minimal issues. Alternator, water pump, brakes, power windows. That’s about it. All repairs done myself. Shade tree mechanic. Fuel pump died after 220k miles and decided time for new car. At least the fuel pump had the decency to die at home not leaving me stranded. The rear end was rusted out pretty bad where the fuel tank mounts. Didn’t think it was safe to keep driving it had I replaced the fuel pump. Needed to drop the tank to access fuel pump. Engine had blown head gasket burning coolant. Still ran fine but had to add coolant constantly. The convertible top needed replacement. I needed a vehicle since the mustang was dead. Could not wait for JLU to launch. Considered JKU but ended up with 2017 Honda Accord to hold me over until I purchase my first Wrangler.

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Sorry not understanding. You purchased a lifetime warranty knowing you will never use it? We are talking about a FCA vehicle? Then why spend the money? Murphy’s Law? If you didn’t purchase the warranty, then all will go wrong. Purchase the warranty and the opposite is true?
Yep , very close . I pay for hospital insurance , but if I never use it then I am healthy , oui ?
I pay for ccw insurance , but if I never use it , I haven't been a victim , n'est-ce pas ?
I have a lifetime max warranty , but if my Jeep is flawless , then I can drive my Jeep whenever I need it , correct ?
I have complete flight insurance , but if I never need it , I had a safe flight , isn't that so ?

AND the above means I do not need to be around sick people in the hospital , nor around bad people who should be in jail , nor around incompetent turd mechanics at dealers , nor be in any aircraft wrecks .

I am not averse to risk , I volunteered for Infantry in war combat , and enjoyed it . I did purchase GI life insurance , but I never needed it . Drove my first Jeep , M-151 , in war , and enjoyed it . Drove a tank , M-48 , and enjoyed it .

Why spend the money on insurance ? People should want to be lucky .

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Attached are the services that are included. Also, it included tire protection.

Oil change, filter and lube at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60.
Rotate tires at 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60.

At 30 and 60 they replace spark plugs, and at 60 they replace rear drive assembly fluid, transfer unit fluid.
Other than that, of things they "inspect".

I made a quick call to a local dealer. Seems their synthetic oil changes are $70, tire rotations are $20, spark plugs on a V6 are $212, rear diff $150, transfer $130 and front is $120.
The paperwork I got didn't mention the front fluid though.

So, $840 worth of oil changes, $120 wroth of tire rotations, $424 worth of spark plugs, and $400 worth of fluid changes.
I know all those other lines "inspect this, inspect that, etc" aren't free but there are always coupons and deals.
So $1,784 doesn't add up to the $3k I paid.

Again, this was pitched to me like I pay for the service up front and get the warranty for free. There seems to be a $1200 difference. Maybe the extra 3 years of warranty are worth $1200.
warranty1.jpg
warranty2.jpg
warranty3.jpg
My question is, is any extended warranty worth it? Like they said, either you pay up front or you pay when service is done. I personally would rather pay when service is done period. I think extended warranties are just a way for dealers to make money off the misfortune of others. Just my opinion.
Sponsored