2022 GMC Canyon

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wait: He do not have a JL????
Nope. Apparently he's trying to be "smart" and "sensible". Debating a car purchase for 3+ years.... We're talking about a vehicle, not a marriage.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Wait: He do not have a JL????
Correct. He has been on this forum since 2017 doing his ‘due diligence’ on JLs.

As someone who has conducted due diligence activities professionally in real life, I can tell you that the folks who are best at it ask a lot of questions and listen carefully to answers. They are rarely antagonistic, abrasive, or rude. They are simply trying to understand issues, onboard information, and learn. And in doing so formulate opinions and additional questions for follow up.

unfortunately, that is seemingly not the case with this member.

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I ordered MC underarmor and rear diff skid plate 4 weeks ago. I was told that it would take 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. My CC was charged the day of the order. I called last week and was told parts were being plated and would ship last Monday. I called Tuesday and was told that they are lacking shipping boxes but would ship yesterday. As of now, nothing shipped.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ordered MC underarmor and rear diff skid plate 4 weeks ago. I was told that it would take 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. My CC was charged the day of the order. I called last week and was told parts were being plated and would ship last Monday. I called Tuesday and was told that they are lacking shipping boxes but would ship yesterday. As of now, nothing shipped.
I get that it's frustrating. A lot of us are wanting to upgrade our jeeps. Personally my lift and wheels were ordered 8/26 and the lift was 3-5 weeks, the wheels are 4-8. It sucks waiting, but this is life, I cannot make companies produce or move faster. I think the original point of this thread has gotten very lost.

My original intention was based off of frustration reading thread after thread of complaints of things taking longer than anticipated. If it's a part you really want from a certain company then you have to accept how it is. If you aren't married to a part/brand, then buy from someone else. Thats the beauty of Capitalism.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Correct. He has been on this forum since 2017 doing his ‘due diligence’ on JLs.

As someone who has conducted due diligence activities professionally in real life, I can tell you that the folks who are best at it ask a lot of questions and listen carefully to answers. They are rarely antagonistic, abrasive, or rude. They are simply trying to understand issues, onboard information, and learn. And in doing so formulate opinions and additional questions for follow up.

unfortunately, that is seemingly not the case with this member.
He is probably planted in this forum by Ford to be a troll. I saw his other pasts as a troll. How people like him don't get banned by admins is beyond me.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
@Thinman was referring to the amount of land that California is responsible for and has to maintain (3%). The rest of the land is “federal land” so it has to be maintained by the federal government.
It's not so cut and dried, Federal land in California still has to be managed within certain boundaries of state law. Take for instance gun laws, if you are in Sierra National forest are you exempt from California's gun laws? The answer is absolutely not. If California has laws (which it does) that prohibit doing controlled burns because of pollution, do the feds have to comply? Why does the California EPA have to approve all construction we do on a federally owned military base?The answers are for the courts and congress to decide. I know you got that number straight off one of the 10,000 left leaning media sites that are running it right now, but management of federal lands in every state is faaar more complicated than that.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
It's not so cut and dried, Federal land in California still has to be managed within certain boundaries of state law. Take for instance gun laws, if you are in Sierra National forest are you exempt from California's gun laws? The answer is absolutely not. If California has laws (which it does) that prohibit doing controlled burns because of pollution, do the feds have to comply? Why does the California EPA have to approve all construction we do on a federally owned military base?The answers are for the courts and congress to decide. I know you got that number straight off one of the 10,000 left leaning media sites that are running it right now, but management of federal lands in every state is faaar more complicated than that.
Dude your probably right, I really don’t give two shits. California is all screwed up, looking to the future when I leave this hell hole. I was just clarifying the 3%.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Dude your probably right, I really don’t give two shits. California is all screwed up, looking to the future when I leave this hell hole. I was just clarifying the 3%.
Agreed, I'm just disgusted at how dishonest the reports are by omission. I'm also disgusted at how this state is run and looking forward to a long planned escape. This is not the "model" of what America needs to be like, if anything it's absolutely the opposite. If you're ever up wheeling in the DV area or 395 corridor hit me up. Now, back to trolling the troll who will never buy a JL, and is certainly just a troll.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Agreed, I'm just disgusted at how dishonest the reports are by omission. I'm also disgusted at how this state is run and looking forward to a long planned escape. This is not the "model" of what America needs to be like, if anything it's absolutely the opposite. If you're ever up wheeling in the DV area or 395 corridor hit me up. Now, back to trolling the troll who will never but a JL, and is certainly just a troll.
Totally agree with you. I’m Looking to head up the 395 for some camping in the near future, I’ll be sure to drop a line.

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Move to Arizona, man! I am also getting fed up with NY and NJ. They are going to be the next California at this rate. AZ is where I want to move to after taking care of a few family commitments within the next two or three years.

It can be pain for me to get back to India from Phoenix for business reasons two or three times a year but I will figure something out. I am almost done with NY due to the cold, the taxes and the politics.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I get that it's frustrating. A lot of us are wanting to upgrade our jeeps. Personally my lift and wheels were ordered 8/26 and the lift was 3-5 weeks, the wheels are 4-8. It sucks waiting, but this is life, I cannot make companies produce or move faster. I think the original point of this thread has gotten very lost.

My original intention was based off of frustration reading thread after thread of complaints of things taking longer than anticipated. If it's a part you really want from a certain company then you have to accept how it is. If you aren't married to a part/brand, then buy from someone else. Thats the beauty of Capitalism.
I think part of the problem is that people are addicted to the "Amazon" style instant gratification, sure we can get this to you tomorrow we just got 3 trillion of them from China. What alot of people don't get is that alot of QUALITY Jeep aftermarket parts are made by mom and pop size shops, not some huge production facilities. If Joe the only welder or Bob the only powder coat guy calls out sick all the orders being worked just slipped. If Larry the CNC guy gets COVID, everything just slipped two weeks minimum. If you box company can't ship your boxes because they are in California and aren't deemed "essential" (like wineries) you are screwed. And most of these problems aren't things that can be pre-planned. And if the guy who usually answers the phones and emails is in the back helping package products because the the backlog is huge then people freak out, when in reality all they are trying to do is get their products out. It really is a no win situation for some of these small operations.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I agree with the OP. IMO (and just MINE): To anyone complaining about delivery times... sure it's not the most convenient but come on people... its Jeep parts. We are not having to wait on food, water and things to live off of... try and enjoy life and relax a little bit- life is much more enjoyable when you are not so uptight :)
Sponsored