Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
A few more shots...

39105866_1888192634596096_6028307524187324416_o (1).jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg
HAHAHAH, yea I was at an event last weekend. Would be driving through the crowd with my AC going (ahem, I mean my jet engine) and would get lots of strange looks.
Sponsored

mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Corvette zo6, 2013 BMW 535i
I recently regeared my JLUR to 4.88 and ever since my ESS warning light comes on after I shift into 4th gear (I have a 6 speed). One the light is on, the ESS does not work. Shutting off and restarting resets (ESS works) until I hit 4th.

I have a Superchips Flashcal and that had no effect on the issue. To be clear, the issue was there before using the Flashcal (and after).

Who else is having this issue? Any resolutions?
My ESS has worked on and off since the regear. When I take it in for the first free oil change, I will have them check. I actually think it is unrelated as my back up camera works on and off too.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Check all your fuses. There's a thread on here about fuses being not seated properly or loose and falling out. Double check them, it's easy to do!

mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Corvette zo6, 2013 BMW 535i
I recently regeared my JLUR to 4.88 and ever since my ESS warning light comes on after I shift into 4th gear (I have a 6 speed). One the light is on, the ESS does not work. Shutting off and restarting resets (ESS works) until I hit 4th.

I have a Superchips Flashcal and that had no effect on the issue. To be clear, the issue was there before using the Flashcal (and after).

Who else is having this issue? Any resolutions?
I also had two issues after the regear. (JLUR 6 speed 5.13) Stop start and back up camera would work only on initial start up. So took it in to the dealer and they recalibrated the computer and everything works well now. They did not seem concerned about the regear at all, I guess they have done it a few times as they offer a 4.10's as a dealer installed option.
They charged $ 340.00 for the work, kinda in line with an aftermarket programmer.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
So along with the ESS not working after I get to what seems like 4th or 40mph..my reverse camera and lights also do not work while the ESS error is displayed. So strange

Sponsored

DrowningTurtle

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Army
So along with the ESS not working after I get to what seems like 4th or 40mph..my reverse camera and lights also do not work while the ESS error is displayed. So strange
Same here. 5.13s and 37s. Re calibrated with the Tazer JL and I get the ess error and my back up lights and camera don’t work sometimes.

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Same here. 5.13s and 37s. Re calibrated with the Tazer JL and I get the ess error and my back up lights and camera don’t work sometimes.
I had the exact issue after my 488 re gear. Local dealership gave me this printout from the attached file. I followed the instructions and it has been good since.

Attachments

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I had the exact issue after my 488 re gear. Local dealership gave me this printout from the attached file. I followed the instructions and it has been good since.
I have still yet to try this! Hopefully this weekend. :beer:

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Very interesting. I'm looking at a set of 4.56 gears in the near future. Thanks for sharing as this might come in handy!

99mhz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
Hi @Sharkbite22 how did you disconnect battery, if thats what you did? I'm getting the same errors after 37s and 4.88s but when I disconnect the battery using the 4 ground wire method. 3 on the fender well and one on the battery. I still get power to my dash and uconnect. I suspect GPEC2A module is not getting cleared using this method.

This method, didn't seem to cut all 12v power :crying:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/to-kill-12v-power-to-the-jl-jlu.6244/

Thanks,

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hi @Sharkbite22 how did you disconnect battery, if thats what you did? I'm getting the same errors after 37s and 4.88s but when I disconnect the battery using the 4 ground wire method. 3 on the fender well and one on the battery. I still get power to my dash and uconnect. I suspect GPEC2A module is not getting cleared using this method.

This method, didn't seem to cut all 12v power :crying:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/to-kill-12v-power-to-the-jl-jlu.6244/

Thanks,
You need to D/C power to both batteries

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thanks @rustyshakelford. That means I need to pull the large battery, and fuse box out to get to the smaller battery right? or is there an easier way?
I haven’t done it yet. Will get to it in the next couple days I hope. I’d assume from looking at it removing the big battery will expose the smaller one

Brett

gts

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I just disconnected the negative on the main battery, then disconnected the ess battery connection right at the negative terminal.

(the aux battery is connected to ground via the main battery terminal, removing the nut and second black wire from the negative battery terminal will disconnect that battery.)

99mhz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 door Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
I just disconnected the negative on the main battery, then disconnected the ess battery connection right at the negative terminal.

(the aux battery is connected to ground via the main battery terminal, removing the nut and second black wire from the negative battery terminal will disconnect that battery.)
Thanks I'll give this a try tonight. I took the whole negative terminal off, but both grounds still tied together, and still had power in the dash!
Sponsored