Sponsored

Engine cooling fan motor

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
I did a test-drive with a JLUR and the noise was quite obvious when stationary (3.6L 8spd)

Could there be some electrical component requiring cooling from the fan? To think that Jeep engineers wouldn't tune the fan for the engine or transmission temps makes me wonder if there's something else requiring it.
Sponsored

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
I wonder, are there any manuals making this noise? Reason i ask, does Jeep mount the transmission cooler in front of the radiator or combine the cooler with the radiator making it thicker for them to turn up the rpm's on the fan.
My manual JLU does the same, today with Max A/C on I could hear the fan over the engine at 70 MPH. It was 111 today if that matters.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I could care less how loud it is as long as the a/c works.…. I have hit my remote start and it sounds like a jet engine and usually ppl stare but I don’t care as I have heard that there is some TSB that addressed this but after it was done the a/c did not work as well.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now that this thread has been resurrected I pick at the wife for running AC and no doors its obvious when she comes down the driveway that fan is LOUD!!
Sponsored