sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Hey all,
I have a 2021 Rubi Eco and I have about 32,000 miles, I have had a derringer and pedal monster but I no longer run either due to my SDI E-Click shocks needing to use the OBD and both cannot run at same time. Plus for almost the same price as the Derringer I can send my ECU in and have a tune done that gives me a dyno confirmed 50 WHP and 80 WTQ. My plan is to have 2 ECU's, my original stock ECU untouched so I can put in when I need any sort of dealer work done and another that will get the tune. If the part is made for the diesel will i need to have anything done to make it work with my Jeep before I send it out for the tune?
Sponsored

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

The Green Diesel site actually has an option to duplicate for you. I would verify it will work as you are thinking though, because as far as I know the PCM is one of several truth sources for mileage, and may cause issues if you just swap between them. You probably also need to run the stock PCM for so many miles/minutes after swapping out also.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
+1 of GDE. I’ve had their tune on my 16 Ram for almost 60 k miles. Great power, runs very clean. I drug a travel trailer all over the country behind it. Zero issues. Running empty down the slab 30 + mpg is easy and consistent. Not bad for a full size 4x4 pickup.

Austintatious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUS / 2021 JLUSD
+1 of GDE. I’ve had their tune on my 16 Ram for almost 60 k miles. Great power, runs very clean. I drug a travel trailer all over the country behind it. Zero issues. Running empty down the slab 30 + mpg is easy and consistent. Not bad for a full size 4x4 pickup.
Same, it was the very first mod I did to my 16 Ram ED. Same results as you. Was just confirming with GDE yesterday which version firmware I should have before I send this one in for a tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I have also been told by EcoDieselownersCanada that the mileage is saved to the body control module so running a stock ECU and a non stock will not have issues with mileage.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
Hey all,
I have a 2021 Rubi Eco and I have about 32,000 miles, I have had a derringer and pedal monster but I no longer run either due to my SDI E-Click shocks needing to use the OBD and both cannot run at same time. Plus for almost the same price as the Derringer I can send my ECU in and have a tune done that gives me a dyno confirmed 50 WHP and 80 WTQ. My plan is to have 2 ECU's, my original stock ECU untouched so I can put in when I need any sort of dealer work done and another that will get the tune. If the part is made for the diesel will i need to have anything done to make it work with my Jeep before I send it out for the tune?
There are those OBDII splitters which a allow two devices. Haven’t used mine yet as we get our Jeep this coming Friday. I too have 2 devices that I’d like to run….

OP
OP

sgterik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
There are those OBDII splitters which a allow two devices. Haven’t used mine yet as we get our Jeep this coming Friday. I too have 2 devices that I’d like to run….
I tried the banks splitter and another. Didn’t work. Still have errors. Was told it’s cause both are trying to read at same time and that’s an issue. Now when you go on SDIs site it says it doesn’t work with diesel and derringer

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
I tried the banks splitter and another. Didn’t work. Still have errors. Was told it’s cause both are trying to read at same time and that’s an issue. Now when you go on SDIs site it says it doesn’t work with diesel and derringer
Good to know.
Sponsored