Sponsored

Now that MRTuning is releasing tunes, Where can I get a second ECU?

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
If you didn’t know MRTuning is bench flash only tuning EcoDiesels in Canada, and through (I believe it’s) EcoDiesel Owners Canada, you can send them your ECU and they’ll tune it (Stage 1 - emissions in tack for now) you can check EcoDiesel Owners Canada’s Facebook page to see it.

This brings me to my question, where can I get a second ECU, and what is the estimated price on that?

Thanks
Sponsored

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Eco on order.
Call your dealer and get the part number. Google it and buy one. Take it to the dealer and have them flash it to your jeep. Then send it to Canada. That’s what I did. Like 69$ to flash it at the dealer. And I think I paid 480 for the ECU. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
Processing

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Call your dealer and get the part number. Google it and buy one. Take it to the dealer and have them flash it to your jeep. Then send it to Canada. That’s what I did. Like 69$ to flash it at the dealer. And I think I paid 480 for the ECU. Easy peasy.
Thanks brother. For people viewing in the future the part number I found was 68256850AA

And instead of ECU it’s the PCM since it’s a newer vehicle I see. Getting one from rock auto for $199.

question for you though, what all do they have to do to remove emissions and is it easy to return to stock? EGR valves? Is it even worth doing a delete...

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The delete is up to you. Inbox me and I can hook you up with tuning I’m a distributor for them. The only reason I went with stage 1 + was if I have a warranty problem all I have to do is install my factory PCM and take it to the dealer. They will never know it was tuned. The delete tuning is available but they are still working on exhaust so for now the emissions present tuning with the trans tuning is a GREAT improvement. Then later down the road if you want to upgrade to delete tuning you just pay the difference in the tuning price. Not the full price again.

Sponsored

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
If you didn’t know MRTuning is bench flash only tuning EcoDiesels in Canada, and through (I believe it’s) EcoDiesel Owners Canada, you can send them your ECU and they’ll tune it (Stage 1 - emissions in tack for now) you can check EcoDiesel Owners Canada’s Facebook page to see it.

This brings me to my question, where can I get a second ECU, and what is the estimated price on that?

Thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Now that MRTuning is releasing tunes, Where can I get a second ECU? 9D8F98A3-014D-42B1-A42D-E8B21AD2B200

OP
OP
Processing

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The delete is up to you. Inbox me and I can hook you up with tuning I’m a distributor for them. The only reason I went with stage 1 + was if I have a warranty problem all I have to do is install my factory PCM and take it to the dealer. They will never know it was tuned. The delete tuning is available but they are still working on exhaust so for now the emissions present tuning with the trans tuning is a GREAT improvement. Then later down the road if you want to upgrade to delete tuning you just pay the difference in the tuning price. Not the full price again.
Thanks for the insight. My main goal is engine longevity so this makes me think I should do a full delete but I want to be able to reinstall in case I need to go for a dealer visit.

if I’m going for longevity, would stage 1 be better than stage one plus? I assume the oil will be cleaner in any tuned scenario

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
The only reason I went with stage 1 + was if I have a warranty problem all I have to do is install my factory PCM and take it to the dealer. They will never know it was tuned.
You might wanna look into this further. The ECU logs mileage and so does the dash. So, when you swap ECU's to "get warranty work done" the mileage won't match and the dealership will know something is up. Just a heads up.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...for-v6-jl-wrangler.53580/page-27#post-1534093

Bulldog4xFour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2022 JLUS 4xe, 2022 JT Mojave
Thanks brother. For people viewing in the future the part number I found was 68256850AA

And instead of ECU it’s the PCM since it’s a newer vehicle I see. Getting one from rock auto for $199.

question for you though, what all do they have to do to remove emissions and is it easy to return to stock? EGR valves? Is it even worth doing a delete...
Did this part number work for you, the part number on my ECM is 68501375AD, but nothing comes up?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Processing

Processing

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Did this part number work for you, the part number on my ECM is 68501375AD, but nothing comes up?
When you look up that part number I posted it says it’s compatible with our 3.0D. I’m still waiting on my order to arrive so I’ll let you know when it gets here

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Thanks for the insight. My main goal is engine longevity so this makes me think I should do a full delete but I want to be able to reinstall in case I need to go for a dealer visit.

if I’m going for longevity, would stage 1 be better than stage one plus? I assume the oil will be cleaner in any tuned scenario
YMMV but as someone who’s done deletes on a few trucks, you’re not going to be swapping back and forth from deleted to stock to go to the dealer. Big PITA and something almost always messes up. If you want to delete...don’t plan on going to the dealer for repairs. Find a diesel shop. I rolled the dice on my truck (Ford 6.7) and deleted at 16K. At 135K now with no issues.

EcoDRubi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m staying with stage 1+ and I’ve been running trans tuning for even longer than that. I’ll run this until I’m closer to out of warranty. My dealer said we don’t care tuned or not we will fix you up. But I bought the second ecm in case something happens when I’m not home. I travel a lot for work.

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
I’m staying with stage 1+ and I’ve been running trans tuning for even longer than that. I’ll run this until I’m closer to out of warranty. My dealer said we don’t care tuned or not we will fix you up. But I bought the second ecm in case something happens when I’m not home. I travel a lot for work.
Now with this tune, EGR can be disabled? I'm not to worried about the DPF/SCR stuff yet as they havent been the issues. Seems its the EGR and DEF causing all the problems. I dont have emissions here so I would definitely be removing those as warranty comes to an end. Just concerned with EGR functions and if I can stop it before it does the damage. Also is it the ECU/PCM/ECM? Which would we need to order?? Thanks for the help

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
They have two options now. One with egr and def off and one with a full weight loss package
Sponsored