Sponsored

driving with rear window open

Deleted member 59498

From Forerunner User Guide:
3-5. Opening, closing the windows and moon roof 153 3Operation of each component 4RUNNER (U)

CAUTION Observe the following precautions. Failure to do so may result in death or serious injury.

■Caution while driving Keep the back door and back window closed while driving. If the back door or the back window is left open, the back door may hit nearby objects while driving or luggage may be unexpectedly thrown out, causing an accident. In addition, exhaust gases may enter the vehicle, causing death or a serious health hazard. Make sure to close the back door and back window before driving.
■Closing the power back window
●The driver is responsible for power back window opening and closing operations. In order to prevent accidental operation, especially by a child, do not let a child operate the power back window. It is possible for children and other passengers to have body parts caught in the power back window.
●Check to make sure that all passengers do not have any part of their body in a position where it could be caught when a window is being operated.
●When using the wireless remote control or key and operating the power back window, operate the power back window after checking to make sure that there is no possibility of any passenger having any of their body parts caught in the power back window. Also, do not let a child operate power back window by the wireless remote control or key. It is possible for children and other passengers to get caught in the power back window.
●When exiting the vehicle, turn the engine switch off, carry the key and exit the vehicle along with the child. There may be accidental operation, due to mischief, etc., that may possibly lead to an accident.
■Jam protection function
●Never use any part of your body to intentionally activate the jam protection function.
●The jam protection function may not work if something gets caught just before the window fully closes.

And?
Sponsored

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Never have we ever had exhaust issue with the SOT. With the doors on or off. I have carried some 8x4 wood with back window open for few miles home but wouldn't make habit of it.

You really will feel the air if you remove the doors. It's not the openness of the hardtop but the little lady likes the SOT. I prefer my open hardtop now. I never got used to the look of the SOT open.

Jeep Wrangler JL driving with rear window open gi-joe-knowing-is-half-the-battle

Jeep Wrangler JL driving with rear window open gi-joe-knowing-is-half-the-battle
Kinda looks like a fun, safari vehicle! 👍😊

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
I had my rear up a ton last summer. Yes, even with my family in the rear seat. I’m happy to report there were no fatalities.

Sponsored

FloridaSon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Altitude order 2/4/22 Gupton 3/31 home 4/16.
Many of you are too young to remember the ‘station wagon‘ effect. Same reason why some vehicles get dirtier in back with windows up. But having all the side windows and rear should work except for the breakage debate.

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I always like this feature on 4Runners and on older K5 Blazers, where the window rolls down…… But would Be afraid that the rear glass would break on the JLU hard top If driving while open.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Unless you have something that's extending out the back-say a quick trip to Lowes or Ace hardware, keep it closed no need to chance it hitting one of those lovely potholes and window shatters; to get one replaced right now may take a little time. However your choice, I was suppose to not go through this one trail and well I did everyone else tried. LOL

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
it will suck exhaust fumes into the interior of your vehicle. What are you trying to do poison your family. Good grief use some common sense..
And another Trojan condom customer complaint has escaped…

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I used to drive my JK with the rear glass up whenever I took the roof panels off. It made it much less turbulent inside.

The JL rear glass doesn’t stay up as well because the wiper motor is at the bottom of the glass. This changes where the weight is carried and puts a lot more strain on the struts. When I have done it, the glass moves and makes noise every time I hit a bump so I decided not to do it anymore.

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Do it at your own risk. Several things can and WILL effect your window panel and it's arms.
So don't bother. Get a soft top, or just keep the back window closed if you have a hard top. It's not that serious to have to have it open.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Kinda looks like a fun, safari vehicle! 👍😊
LOL. I like the SOT for you just close in rain and open when past rain. Nice feature to have. I just never got into how it looked even with half-doors. Couldn't keep the little lady out of it so I used that as excuse for my Rubicon too. I have the Top Lift Pro, so I remove top in few minutes and store it easy.