What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Unheard

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm going to be doing the install this weekend. Based on the video I watched on Youtube it doesn't appear to be too hard.
So an update. 95% of the install was flawless. The Jeep pops apart like a Lego set and it was a total of 7 screws that I actually needed a Phillips head for.

The bad news. When trying to push the pins into the harness for the head unit, the wire popped out of the metal connector. I tried to resolder it back to no avail. I’ve reached out to Z automotive to get a replacement AV harness. Once that comes in, I’ll get it installed (hoping no issues this time), and provide an update.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
IMG_3195.jpg

A bit earlier in the year, using the recovery gear, lol.
Winch beats digging up those mostly dead shrubs.
I really want to see a video of what happened when you hit the button on the winch. In my mind, it comes out suddenly and flings over the roof of the Jeep.

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
Added badgeglow to drivers side tapped into parking lights, easy mod. Gonna get rid of the radio antenna on passenger side and add badgeglow there, waiting on another “Trail Rated” badge to arrive.
I like them better than I though it would. Definitely not as bright as they look on website, I was worried they’d be too bright.

22B9B23E-EC1E-400A-8AAF-B0E1E1E8B0A0.jpeg

DE696026-1ECB-4906-ABCE-817667FF12A2.jpeg

188B721A-E065-4412-AE08-14E5EA9AE7A1.jpeg

07BCB1DB-2DA0-430D-B3EE-0232D5CDFFC0.jpeg
Sorry for overkill, but here’s some badgeglow shots at night.

3E61D14C-C8AD-45F2-AF0F-75F75847D30F.jpeg

DC0D6230-02DD-4D63-BA0D-0C182EDF03A3.jpeg

C01C73E6-FF86-4F7D-BB47-FEE40E7AC6F4.jpeg

A1483F96-73D9-491B-A30C-84B3E8D316C5.jpeg

45F3FD04-BCB4-4070-9A63-AFF3F240EE1D.jpeg

TYHUM

First Name
Flocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I want to build a camping/overlanding setup that perfectly balances overall bed weight (i.e. maintain good driving range!) versus inherent functionality, as well as some very nice home-comfort features, at a reasonable price that will allow me to keep my entire truck plus camp package at around $100k or less! Has anybody used this rack before? I want to go with it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I really want to see a video of what happened when you hit the button on the winch. In my mind, it comes out suddenly and flings over the roof of the Jeep.
Winches don't really work like retracting a tape measure. One of three things happened:

1. The tree and root ball slowly came out of ground.
2. The line broke and fell to the ground because it's synthetic.
3. The jeep slowly slid towards the tree.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I want to build a camping/overlanding setup that perfectly balances overall bed weight (i.e. maintain good driving range!) versus inherent functionality, as well as some very nice home-comfort features, at a reasonable price that will allow me to keep my entire truck plus camp package at around $100k or less! Has anybody used this rack before? I want to go with it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price?
You will probably have a better response at https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/. This is a JL Wrangler forum.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Naw, just bump the winch in little spurts. Those little bushes only had a root ball that was maybe the size of a basketball, easy stuff. The installers didn’t even cut the fabric off the roots when they planted them, just tossed them in a hole.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Winches don't really work like retracting a tape measure. One of three things happened:

1. The tree and root ball slowly came out of ground.
2. The line broke and fell to the ground because it's synthetic.
3. The jeep slowly slid towards the tree.
Yep, got number 1 to happen with the bushes, and left a decent hole in the yard.
Now when we tried this trick with the natural grown, 4-5” diameter cedar tree, it bent the tree over to about 45 degree and slid the Jeep across the yard, making some decent ruts, lol. That one took a chainsaw and stump grinder to get rid off.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yep, got number 1 to happen with the bushes, and left a decent hole in the yard.
Now when we tried this trick with the natural grown, 4-5” diameter cedar tree, it bent the tree over to about 45 degree and slid the Jeep across the yard, making some decent ruts, lol. That one took a chainsaw and stump grinder to get rid off.
Ya, trees are no joke. Although, we just had a really weird storm event here called a Derecho a couple weeks ago. It literally felled 6 foot wide trees like they were saplings. Like completely broke in half or just torn from the ground with root balls. I have never seen weather like that in my life. It was basically a 100km wide tornado. Lol. Im sure the people in Tornado Alley are like "meh, suck it up" but for us up here it was a big deal. No power for like a week, 100s of hydro poles snapped right in half, a few deaths. Trees 100m from my house trashed, meanwhile, my BBQ moved 8 feet, cover got removed and gently placed beside it, lol. It was so weird.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Ya, trees are no joke. Although, we just had a really weird storm event here called a Derecho a couple weeks ago. It literally felled 6 foot wide trees like they were saplings. Like completely broke in half or just torn from the ground with root balls. I have never seen weather like that in my life. It was basically a 100km wide tornado. Lol. Im sure the people in Tornado Alley are like "meh, suck it up" but for us up here it was a big deal. No power for like a week, 100s of hydro poles snapped right in half, a few deaths. Trees 100m from my house trashed, meanwhile, my BBQ moved 8 feet, cover got removed and gently placed beside it, lol. It was so weird.
Tornados are fickle things. Our barn had a line cut perfectly through one side of the roof, a piece of sheet metal inserted into a utility pole without cutting the electricity and a cattle trailer picked up from a row of them and placed gently out in our pasture. No animals died. I thought we were being messed with except I’ve never seen someone do that with a piece of corrugated sheet metal on purpose lol. Glad you are okay.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to tell all the Jeep Dads out there have a Great Father's Day.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1655648882368
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1655648960534

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
If you take a piece of 2 X 4 about 3 - 4 feet long and run the rope over the top of the 2 X 4 at a 45 degree angle towards the bush, it will give you lifting power as you pull. It will pull up, in addition to pulling towards the Jeep. The way you are doing it, you are pulling against the ground. With a bush this size, it might not matter a lot. But with a much bigger bush and a more intricate root system it would really help.

AC87

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Service Technician
I installed a set of Rugged Ridge door guards, finally arrived from Amazon and on Father's Day! Made sure to properly clean the door sills with alcohol and give it a nice wipe down. Super easy install, took my time with it. 3m is used for the double sided tape, it sticks really well. I love it, little bit of extra protection and I think they visually look nice.

doorgaurd1.jpg

doorgaurd3.jpg

doorgaurd2.jpg

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
The fridge and the last of the boxes went in today. I‘m leaving the passenger side cubby open for now, as duffels and rubbermaid totes fit well there.

53AFFE4B-0C20-4FBF-AA9E-CF3A77B6341B.jpeg

81C3E255-C954-467B-855B-3E1B72FC28A6.jpeg