Drivers Side Heated Seat Not Working Properly

Newbiehere

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I recently purchased a used 2018 JLU Sport S that has around 50K miles with heated seats and steering wheel. About two weeks after purchase, I noticed that the drivers side heated seat would shut off after about 15 minutes. It will not turn back on until the vehicle has been completely shut off and turned back on. The kicker is, it only happens sometimes, not on every trip. The passenger seat and steering wheel heat are totally fine.

The dealership I purchased from is not a Jeep dealership and I have little faith that they may be able to fix this. When I spoke with the salesman, he said that it was probably shutting off to cool down. I do not believe is the case at all. He also said I could make an appointment with the service department. I’ve owned the vehicle for less than 30 days at this point.

I’m hoping this is something that I can fix on my own, hopefully without tearing the whole seat apart. Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed?
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
fuse issue?

OP
OP

Newbiehere

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S
That was my first thought. I haven’t gotten around to checking yet. If it is a fuse issue, wouldn’t it not work at all? Or, could it be loose and needing adjustment?

fuse issue?

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
I recently purchased a used 2018 JLU Sport S that has around 50K miles with heated seats and steering wheel. About two weeks after purchase, I noticed that the drivers side heated seat would shut off after about 15 minutes. It will not turn back on until the vehicle has been completely shut off and turned back on. The kicker is, it only happens sometimes, not on every trip. The passenger seat and steering wheel heat are totally fine.

The dealership I purchased from is not a Jeep dealership and I have little faith that they may be able to fix this. When I spoke with the salesman, he said that it was probably shutting off to cool down. I do not believe is the case at all. He also said I could make an appointment with the service department. I’ve owned the vehicle for less than 30 days at this point.

I’m hoping this is something that I can fix on my own, hopefully without tearing the whole seat apart. Any ideas or suggestions on how to proceed?
Check that all fuses are seated properly.

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
This happens to me too! Just as you described, it doesn't happen all the time - maybe once a week. When I press the button, it will come on with all three lights, and then shut off after 2 or 3 seconds. Can press it again, but it will shut right back off.

So, I suspect the Body Control Module (BCM) is sensing something abnormal and shutting it off, which is then reset by a power down.

I have installed armorlite flooring, so I guess it's possible that the wire under the seat is loose or damaged. I need to do some digging under there to investigate and secure them.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Newbiehere
@BigMaCro

Check your private messages. I just sent you Stellantis Star Case info that details issue and parts needed to fix, etc..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP

Newbiehere

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S
@Catiajockey

Just pm'd you the Stellantis Star Case info that details the issue and the parts needed to fix, etc..
@Newbiehere
@BigMaCro

Check your private messages. I just sent you Stellantis Star Case info that details issue and parts needed to fix, etc..
Update: It’s magically been working fine for the last week. I don’t expect it to stay that way, but not a concern for now. I very much appreciate the info you shared so I can get it taken care of when the time comes.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s just your Jeep’s way of telling you got a hot ass! :like:

juliearn

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Update: It’s magically been working fine for the last week. I don’t expect it to stay that way, but not a concern for now. I very much appreciate the info you shared so I can get it taken care of when the time comes.
This happens to me too! Just as you described, it doesn't happen all the time - maybe once a week. When I press the button, it will come on with all three lights, and then shut off after 2 or 3 seconds. Can press it again, but it will shut right back off.

So, I suspect the Body Control Module (BCM) is sensing something abnormal and shutting it off, which is then reset by a power down.

I have installed armorlite flooring, so I guess it's possible that the wire under the seat is loose or damaged. I need to do some digging under there to investigate and secure them.
same thing started happening to me today. Heated seats on 2020 JL Rubicon drivers side come on for 2-3 seconds then go off. Any body know of a fix for it?

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
same thing started happening to me today. Heated seats on 2020 JL Rubicon drivers side come on for 2-3 seconds then go off. Any body know of a fix for it?
I think it was resolved by disconnecting the battery - causing the body control module to reset. Everything's been working great this winter thankfully! Dunno why it flipped out for a while...

aggriffi

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
@Newbiehere
@BigMaCro

My wife's jeep has been having this problem for a while. Any way you could send me the details of the Stars case as well? It would be much appreciated!
Sponsored