Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish Jeep would have offered heated rear seats. It would be nice for my daughter while in the back seat on the cooler mornings and evenings when the top is down. I have the heated front seats and steering wheel in the Rubi and it’s such a nice feature.

Has anyone installed aftermarket heating elements in the rear seats? I am thinking about doing this myself with the carbon heating elements, as I have read they are more weather resistant than the others. I think some come with the wire harness and switches that I would like to put on the back of the center console. I am still in the early stages of my research, but if anyone has any info or links to where someone has done this that would be great.
Sponsored

ar15rifle

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 2014 Audi A4. 2015 Fiat 500C. 1970 Ford F250
I've been debating this also. Have you done it yet?

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@Wanderingwheelz

First set of seat belts were self installed in a '63 Impala. Sound was a reverb unit ... the kind that bonged when you went over a big bump. Air conditioning was hand operated ... to roll down the windows. Transmission was a two speed automatic. Over the course of three years I rebuilt everything except the transmission. Not for fun, but to keep it running. Now that's a vehicle that had reliability problems ... but, I still loved it.

The new Rubicon has more creature comforts than we could ever have imagine back then. Damn kids, no wonder they're so soft now days.

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. No shoulder belt, but at least my lap was covered.

I honesty don’t even remember my butt being chilly, either.
My first two cars not only didn't have seat belts of any kind, they didn't have door handles either! They both had pull cords on the inside of their doors to unlatch and open them.

Car #1 was a 1960 MG MGA 1600 which had a 1588cc (1.6L), 79.5 hp engine. Car #2 was a 1961 Austin Healey Sprite Mark II which had a 948cc (0.9L), 46.5 hp engine. :cwl:

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
@Wanderingwheelz

First set of seat belts were self installed in a '63 Impala. Sound was a reverb unit ... the kind that bonged when you went over a big bump. Air conditioning was hand operated ... to roll down the windows. Transmission was a two speed automatic. Over the course of three years I rebuilt everything except the transmission. Not for fun, but to keep it running. Now that's a vehicle that had reliability problems ... but, I still loved it.

The new Rubicon has more creature comforts than we could ever have imagine back then. Damn kids, no wonder they're so soft now days.
Really! When I bought my daughter her first car, a Honda Civic, I was pretty surprised that it had heated front seats. Of course she had to have them.. and a sunroof, leather seats and sportier alloy wheels. I made her pay for all the extras.

If my kids wanted heat under their butts, I’d be getting them a paper route! Personally I feel that kids need to know luxuries come with a price.

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I really wish Jeep would have offered heated rear seats. It would be nice for my daughter while in the back seat on the cooler mornings and evenings when the top is down. I have the heated front seats and steering wheel in the Rubi and it’s such a nice feature.

Has anyone installed aftermarket heating elements in the rear seats? I am thinking about doing this myself with the carbon heating elements, as I have read they are more weather resistant than the others. I think some come with the wire harness and switches that I would like to put on the back of the center console. I am still in the early stages of my research, but if anyone has any info or links to where someone has done this that would be great.
I’ve been looking into this as well. There is surprisingly no content here or on YouTube or elsewhere on aftermarket rear seat heaters for JL Wranglers. If you’ve found any good solutions, would be great to hear. Thanks!

Last edited:

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Really! When I bought my daughter her first car, a Honda Civic, I was pretty surprised that it had heated front seats. Of course she had to have them.. and a sunroof, leather seats and sportier alloy wheels. I made her pay for all the extras.

If my kids wanted heat under their butts, I’d be getting them a paper route! Personally I feel that kids need to know luxuries come with a price.
Well then...

Sponsored

Gippeyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 F350, 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, 1972 Corvette
Growing up in Florida in the '70s we had seat heaters in all of our vehicles. It was called the sun. Still recall how incredibly hot those vinyl seats were while wearing shorts.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Interested in this and will be watching this thread as well. I kinda look forward to the challenge of it, and it’s a mod that would pay off when we take our friends out on a cool night (not to mention my kids definitely would love it).
Sponsored