Sponsored

heated seats/wheel not working right?

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Hey guys, under comfort options, I set the heated seat to come on with every start however it never comes on. am I doing something wrong? just to be clear, heated seat will come on when I press the button but I wanted to see if I could get them to come on automatically with each engine start. I hate the idea of taking into the dealership for this as I'm afraid they'll only make my infotainment worse, lol. but, on the other hand, I feel like I paid for something that isn't working the way it was supposed to. any thoughts? maybe I'm missing something?
Sponsored

BigJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey guys, under comfort options, I set the heated seat to come on with every start however it never comes on. am I doing something wrong? just to be clear, heated seat will come on when I press the button but I wanted to see if I could get them to come on automatically with each engine start. I hate the idea of taking into the dealership for this as I'm afraid they'll only make my infotainment worse, lol. but, on the other hand, I feel like I paid for something that isn't working the way it was supposed to. any thoughts? maybe I'm missing something?
I am pretty sure the outside temperature has to below 40 degrees F before they will automatically come on.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Great answer, I was also wondering about this today and thought something was wrong.

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Page 527 of the giant manual.

upload_2019-10-17_14-24-26.png

upload_2019-10-17_14-26-1.png
now this makes more sense.
I guess this option isn't grey'd out (selection present but not currently available) because temperature changes. I wish you could set the threshold but can't get greedy - the vehicle does a ton of damn nice stuff to begin with!

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
now this makes more sense.
I guess this option isn't grey'd out (selection present but not currently available) because temperature changes. I wish you could set the threshold but can't get greedy - the vehicle does a ton of damn nice stuff to begin with!
I have the manual, so no remote start here. I'd imagine the off/on option should be available. Is it not?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I have the manual, so no remote start here. I'd imagine the off/on option should be available. Is it not?
I would imagine you should still have the option of it going on automatically when you manually start it under 40°. With the auto tranny, the uconnect gives the option of just remote starts or all starts. With a manual, you should still be able to choose the latter.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I would imagine you should still have the option of it going on automatically when you manually start it under 40°. With the auto tranny, the uconnect gives the option of just remote starts or all starts. With a manual, you should still be able to choose the latter.
I never thought to try it, but I will. We're at the time of year where we start to creep down < 40 overnight down in these parts. Haven't yet, but that's changing soon.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never thought to try it, but I will. We're at the time of year where we start to creep down < 40 overnight down in these parts. Haven't yet, but that's changing soon.
My fingers are crossed that you have that as a selectable feature in your uconnect, sans the auto start only option of course.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I don’t think it will with the manual, unless they have changed something. I remember a thread about it not doing it from a year or so back. People were pretty upset that it wouldn’t...... newer years than 18 might be different.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think it will with the manual, unless they have changed something. I remember a thread about it not doing it from a year or so back. People were pretty upset that it wouldn’t...... newer years than 18 might be different.
@Headbarcode ... aaaand it's not available on the manual. Option in the Uconnect ain't even there for me... so, remote-start only. I'm stuck with the unenviable task of pressing a button.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode ... aaaand it's not available on the manual. Option in the Uconnect ain't even there for me... so, remote-start only. I'm stuck with the unenviable task of pressing a button.
At least they heat up quick. My last vehicle didn't have remote start and required the dreaded button press, but would take at least several minutes to heat up.

Gillbot

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Mine is a 2020 and the seats turn on around 39 automatically but I can’t find the menu to disable that. Edit, it’s a manual trans too

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This needs to be a setting you can change, I've been wondering why I leave my wheel/seats heat on in our 75 day 35-40* night bursts and don't get them on when I remote start. Waiting until 40 to turn my seats on in TX is like me walking through the frozen tundra just to sit on an ice block. I'd probably start them at 60 here. Not like I can't turn them off once I'm in the car if they're too hot. I can't push the button on with my mind from across the parking lot, though.

Wish my Tazer did this..

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Thanks op , saved me some time.
Sponsored