TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
You had a seat belt when you were young?
Right?? We were left in the back of the old station wagon, in the rear facing seat climbing all over the place. :)
Sponsored

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Growing up in Florida in the '70s we had seat heaters in all of our vehicles. It was called the sun. Still recall how incredibly hot those vinyl seats were while wearing shorts.
And how COLD they were when it was -40deg after sitting outside all night.....dayum that was harsh

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
On my JK I had aftermarket Katzkin leather installed, at that time I opted for front seat heaters only but they could have put them in the rear bench as well. My kids were still in car seats so I didn't do it. My JL is on order and I will add them once it comes in. I am in California so there are a lot of customization shops that will do it.

Eddie

Last edited:

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I installed the Mopar heated seats in my JKU. They could have just as easily been installed in the rear, but maybe requiring a harness extension cuz they hooked into an existing power source under the driver's seat. (I wouldn't recommend doing them yourself unless you like sweating and swearing while trying to undo and reattach a buttload of hog rings under the upholstery.) They worked great, though.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I really wish Jeep would have offered heated rear seats. It would be nice for my daughter while in the back seat on the cooler mornings and evenings when the top is down. I have the heated front seats and steering wheel in the Rubi and it’s such a nice feature.

Has anyone installed aftermarket heating elements in the rear seats? I am thinking about doing this myself with the carbon heating elements, as I have read they are more weather resistant than the others. I think some come with the wire harness and switches that I would like to put on the back of the center console. I am still in the early stages of my research, but if anyone has any info or links to where someone has done this that would be great.
Buy a heated cushion off amazon for 15$ and plug into the 120v AC plug

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Mopar heated seats in my JKU. They could have just as easily been installed in the rear, but maybe requiring a harness extension cuz they hooked into an existing power source under the driver's seat. (I wouldn't recommend doing them yourself unless you like sweating and swearing while trying to undo and reattach a buttload of hog rings under the upholstery.) They worked great, though.
I installed heaters in my 12’ Katskins. I used wire ties, hell with the hog rings!

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I installed heaters in my 12’ Katskins. I used wire ties, hell with the hog rings!
I reinstalled three or so hog rings and then switched to zip ties, but you still had to remove the hog rings. That ain't easy either. ugh

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My first two cars not only didn't have seat belts of any kind, they didn't have door handles either! They both had pull cords on the inside of their doors to unlatch and open them.

Car #1 was a 1960 MG MGA 1600 which had a 1588cc (1.6L), 79.5 hp engine. Car #2 was a 1961 Austin Healey Sprite Mark II which had a 948cc (0.9L), 46.5 hp engine. :cwl:
I love how the engines were so little they were rated in cubic centimeters 😂

tgsanford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Our forefathers fought for our freedom in these things so that we are now able to pine for heaters for our little rear-passenger princesses bottoms.

When I was young my parents were satisfied that I had a seat belt.
When I was little we rode in the front seat, standing up in between my parents till our heads hit the headliner..... :)

erick73

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
Fellas,
I know this won't help with our wranglers but FYI the wife's '19 Grand Cherokee Limited came with heated/cooled front seats and heated rear seats.
Sponsored